Sign in to follow this  

14 years old need a new bike

I'm looking to buy a new bike I'm thinking a yz 250f, crf 250, or a rmz 250. I'm wondering what would be best for everything a lot of field and pasture riding some track riding and some trails. What's the best your input helps

Edited by Braaaap22

I'm looking to buy a new bike I'm thinking a yz 250f, crf 250, or a rmz 250. I'm wondering what would be best for everything a lot of field and pasture riding some track riding and some trails. What's the best your input helps

Are you looking to buy new or used? Used take a look at the Yamaha wr250 or crf250x if you want a jap 4 stroke. If you are buying new you can add the yz250fx, but it's new enough I haven't seen many used ones for sale yet. There's a handful of others if you are ok with 2 strokes like the ktm xc lineup, husky wr125, Yamaha yz250x.

• Like 1

To OP, how tall are you and what do you weigh?

Also, what is your riding experiences? (how long have you been riding, what bikes etc.)

Do you prefer better trail manners (fuel mileage, low maintenace) or,

better on track performance knowing it adds complexity and maintenance costs.

Don't know how any of you can recommend a bike without knowing these infos from the OP.

Edited by mlatour

i like to ride red, I'm taller and i feel not so cramped on it, i feel cramped on my cousins bf's yz250, he's 5' 8" to 5' 10". I'm 6' 2" on a crf450r and my dad is 6' 1" on a crf250x and he likes it. my uncle is 5' 8" on a crf250x and he thinks his bike is a little tall. also as far as crf be carful of anything 06 or older cause they are known valve eaters.

Any old bike you buy is going to need some money put into it, keep that in mind when youre looking for one. I would either get red or blue, dont worry about the older crfs, the valve issues are usually caused by poor maintenance, but generally with any the newer the better. Ive never had one but I heard a lot of bad things about the old suzuki/kawasaki collaboration bikes.

Honestly at your age, and what Im assuming for your budget, seriously consider getting a 2 stroke.

Hey everybody new to the forum

hoping I could get some answers for a question I have. I was looking to buy a dirt bike and was wondering what size/brand I should get. I have been looking for awhile now but I still cant decide. but first let me introduce myself

I am 14, 5 11'', and about 135 lbs. I currently ride a 2013 Honda Rancher 420 and enjoy it very much. its pretty quick for a utility. But I want to change it up and buy a dirt bike. I have ridden a couple play bikes such as XR80s and XR100s but besides that I am kind of unfamiliar with dirtbikes. I want something that isnt too big for me but at the same time isnt a &%$#@! bike. My old man wants to be able to ride it too. He's 40 5,11'' and about 170 lbs. He used to ride a kx125 and suggested it for me but would that have too much power? I also want something low maintenance and fairly simple. Im pretty handy with a wrench but I dont have garage where I can work on it. some of the bikes I was looking at were crf150fs, 230fs and XR200s but was wondering if there were any other bikes out there that would fit my needs. I am going to be riding on wide quad trails. My budget is 1,500 

Thanks,

Andrew

hoping I could get some answers for a question I have. I was looking to buy a dirt bike and was wondering what size/brand I should get. I have been looking for awhile now but I still cant decide. but first let me introduce myself

I am 14, 5 11'', and about 135 lbs. I currently ride a 2013 Honda Rancher 420 and enjoy it very much. its pretty quick for a utility. But I want to change it up and buy a dirt bike. I have ridden a couple play bikes such as XR80s and XR100s but besides that I am kind of unfamiliar with dirtbikes. I want something that isnt too big for me but at the same time isnt a &%$#@! bike. My old man wants to be able to ride it too. He's 40 5,11'' and about 170 lbs. He used to ride a kx125 and suggested it for me but would that have too much power? I also want something low maintenance and fairly simple. Im pretty handy with a wrench but I dont have garage where I can work on it. some of the bikes I was looking at were crf150fs, 230fs and XR200s but was wondering if there were any other bikes out there that would fit my needs. I am going to be riding on wide quad trails. My budget is 1,500

Thanks,

Andrew

make your own thread.

I am 14, 5 11'', and about 135 lbs. I currently ride a 2013 Honda Rancher 420 and enjoy it very much. its pretty quick for a utility. But I want to change it up and buy a dirt bike. I have ridden a couple play bikes such as XR80s and XR100s but besides that I am kind of unfamiliar with dirtbikes. I want something that isnt too big for me but at the same time isnt a &%$#@! bike. My old man wants to be able to ride it too. He's 40 5,11'' and about 170 lbs. He used to ride a kx125 and suggested it for me but would that have too much power? I also want something low maintenance and fairly simple. Im pretty handy with a wrench but I dont have garage where I can work on it. some of the bikes I was looking at were crf150fs, 230fs and XR200s but was wondering if there were any other bikes out there that would fit my needs. I am going to be riding on wide quad trails. My budget is 1,500

Thanks,

Andrew

Buy a used xr200r until you know you are comfortable and into it. A used one is cheap, don't need a lot of maintenance and you can sell later around what you paid.

Get a 2stroke bro im 5'6" 120lbs 15yrs old I ride a 2001 kx250 fine for trail riding. 4strokes are alot of maintenance and are slow. 2strokes have beast power and low maintenance, cr125 best size for you

I'm about 5"10 and 140lbs I've been riding since I was about 7 on an old honda 50cc and a while we got a Kawasaki 100 but lately I haven't rode. My spending limits about 3,000

Edited by Braaaap22

you'll learn a lot more on a 2t, and be a much better rider because of it. If you can haul ass on a 125 you have skills. If you can haul ass on a 250f you have balls, you can hold the throttle down.

Thanks,

Andrew

KTM 450sxf

I'm about 5"10 and 140lbs I've been riding since I was about 7 on an old honda 50cc and a while we got a Kawasaki 100 but lately I haven't rode. My spending limits about 3,000

get an 06+ yz125. Great bike.

I was looking for the same kinda bike as you (trails track fields) and the best for everything was the crf250r. Because its an mx bike so it has the track factor and it also has the ability to do some trails and fields. Don't listen to the guys saying go for a 125 2t. The yz125 has that better bottom end then most 2t's but its still just crap for trails. There was another guy on here and he had a bigger bike (yz250) and the bottom end is better on that then the yz125 and he still didn't have the bottom end to keep up to his buddies that were on crf250rs and wr250fs climbing hills and riding trails. If you're doing mostly track though the yz125 is gonna be the best bike for you. But for what it sounds like you're doing with the bike 4 stroke is gonna fit you way better then any 2 stroke (other than those over priced ktm's).

Crf250r 👍

Edited by Dlysyk