Sign in to follow this  

Dan Moto Pipes

Has any one ever bought one and put one there bike? I went to install mine today and ran into this! ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1453181173.589372.jpgImageUploadedByThumper Talk1453181201.484493.jpg

Cheap Chinese mid pipe is no where close to lining up!

You need a pipe expander, or stop by a local muffler shop.

I could be wrong.

Seems to me like if the pipe were expanded to fit further "down" the header pipe....the mid-pipe mount point alignment would get even further from being correct?

I'd return that crap, or live with the exhaust hung by just 2 points. (header flange and tab under rear fender)  I think it would be OK with 2 of the 3 mount points, just can't lift the bike onto the stand, or haul it outta the mud by the pipe!!

You need a pipe expander, or stop by a local muffler shop.

good I idea I got something in my shop that will work for that!

Those pipes look close to the same size? You aren't mixing E and S/SM exhaust parts are you?

• Like 1

Those pipes look close to the same size? You aren't mixing E and S/SM exhaust parts are you?

No they say it's made for the sm/s

I have a 2014 sm! I can't get them to even fit. The company tried to tell me it doesn't fit my bike so I sent them a picture of the bike!

Return that waste of money and buy a real exhaust

I don't have much money right now. My stock pipes broke so I'm trying to do this on a budget. I getting a fmf later I just need something to hold me over so I can ride.
  • Like 3

I don't have much money right now. My stock pipes broke so I'm trying to do this on a budget. I getting a fmf later I just need something to hold me over so I can ride.

I was in your position once and bought a dan moto for my gsx1250fa, They work fine, most are "open" and loud. They are built cheap and will fall apart on you, at least that's what happened to the one i bought. It did NOT fit well from the gate, luckily for me the guy at the muffler shop was able to help for free. The mount it came with did not fit, I ended up at home depot for some micky mouse parts. But, it worked for awhile and it looked decent. but eventually it literally fell apart and I went back to stock exhaust and had to buy something better quality. They look good from far, but are far from good.

SAM_4725.JPG

Edited by zac949
  • Like 1