Sign in to follow this  

cycra hand guard problem with hydraulic clutch 14 ktm 350exc

Hey guys I bought a '14 ktm 350 exc and it had some cycra hand guards on it however the left one is up much higher than the right. I went to adjust it and saw that the hydraulic clutch is right in the way of the guard bar and potentially putting some wear on the cable.

Is there a special mount I can get to make the cycra guard fit better with my clutch cable? 

I can get photos later.

thanks

-chris

IMG_1104.jpg

IMG_1084.jpg

Edited by Treesner

Yes there is a KTM mount for them. No issue on my 500

is that the one that doesn't attach to the bars, it replaces the top of the bar clamp? I posted a photo to show where it's hitting

They mount out not up. Sounds like you have the wrong guard. Mine are longer than on my last bike to clear everything. The mounts are closer together.

They mount out not up. Sounds like you have the wrong guard. Mine are longer than on my last bike to clear everything. The mounts are closer together.

Oh so the cable goes above and over the mount not below how i have it setup? 

With the current mount it already restricts access to turning the fork adjustment knobs. maybe i need some bar raisers to make that work better

Yes you need the  cycra  U clamps  for your particular type bars, call them (cause there are several types.  I dont have these, but researching pretty hard, Im not moving anything to accomadate.

This looks like the ticket you need (me too)

is that the one that doesn't attach to the bars, it replaces the top of the bar clamp? I posted a photo to show where it's hitting

I really like these.....

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1453245052.690680.jpg

when you go to the brp set up with a scotts, you lose the ktm #4 handle bar postion and go to a one postion choice correct?

You don't need to change the bottom part to use these. They just replace the top clamp parts.
  • Like 1

Ok here is the pic of mine. My guards are a lot straighter so I wonder if your air even correct for the bike. The mount goes under the clutch line

1453256273178.jpg

• Like 1

yeah those look nice, do they work with the pro bend? what bike is that on?

They work on all bikes and I have the Cycra Probends. But the bike is a 350EXC. I also had them on my WR 450.

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1453259586.251135.jpg