Hard decision but I think its time to sell my baby :(

Well Guys its with heavy heart that I've decided to sell my XR650L this spring after the snow melts.  I bought a jeep and for the last 2 years my bike has probably went through 2 or 3 tanks of gas so I decided to find her a new home where someone will get to enjoy her more.  I'm also installing a pool this this spring and starting a new 1-ton jeep conversion project too so I don't think my bike will get much use in the forthcoming future.  I just wanted to thank everyone that I've met here for all the help and support.  This is truly a wonderful forum and I will definitely still pop in from time to time to say hi and who knows maybe in the future I will get back into the sport.  So I guess this is not goodbye but so long until next time.

Edited by D0T-C0M
  • Like 1

What the blazes are you doing..

I refuse to let you sell the bike,,,

wait asecond,,,sell it to Sean,,he needs spare parts I hear..lol

B

Edited by brianhare

I was kinda thinking that Brian could make good use of the O2 sensor that you used to get the jetting perfect for all those who did the FCR conversion (thank you, by the way)!

Bummer. I have struggled with the same decision over the past year or so. The biggest thing that keeps me from selling mine is the fact that I'd lose my shirt! I have too much dumped into it to get out. I figure for the handful of pennies that I'd get for it, I'll just keep messing with it. 

Well Guys its with heavy heart that I've decided to sell my XR650L this spring after the snow melts. I bought a jeep and for the last 2 years my bike has probably went through 2 or 3 tanks of gas so I decided to find her a new home where someone will get to enjoy her more. I'm also installing a pool this this spring and starting a new 1-ton jeep conversion project too so I don't think my bike will get much use in the forthcoming future. I just wanted to thank everyone that I've met here for all the help and support. This is truly a wonderful forum and I will definitely still pop in from time to time to say hi and who knows maybe in the future I will get back into the sport. So I guess this is not goodbye but so long until next time.

don't do it man

I'm sure you'd regret selling it pretty quickly.

You aren't going to get anywhere near what you have into it.

Yes, I have been trying to sell mine for over a year but I keep going back and forth. I finally just bought an XR600 project so I will have something else to pour money into when the L is gone. The L is too new for me to thrash up offroad and 99% of my riding is offroad now days.

I too think you will regret it soon after selling it. I'm slowly building my bike after yours, lol.