Sign in to follow this  

Broken breather pipe?

Hi all,

I'm new here and this is my first post but I have came across some really helpful stuff already.

I was wondering if anyone could help me I am the proud new owner of a 2012 Ktm 150 sx and I have noticed today that near where the exhaust meats the top of the engine there is a 90° bend coming out of the side that has a snapped end. I have looked at pictures of other bikes and see it appears to be some kind of breather/vent hose. Does anybody have any more info on what this actually is and what it is called? As I have temporarily 'bodged' it with a piece of hose but would like to know if that is sufficient or does in have to be a certain diameter or anything.

Thanks in advice.

Hi yes it is the breather for the pv valve system. It is 200 mm long and fixes round the lower frame rail with a zip tie. I would try and get the correct pipe (part no 50332095200 - real cheap) which is really stiff and virtually impossible to collapse. If you take the plate off to fix it be careful putting the 6mm bolts back in as they have very little 'meat' to screw into. In behind this cover you will see the actuating arm turning up and down as you rev the motor, which is always a check you can do to make sure the pv is working is working fine. Good bikes by the way. Bob.

Meant to say if the grey plastic elbow is broken, the part no for it is 5103002000 and it just screws part way into the inspection cover. Costs about 2 dollars.

Brilliant. Thanks a lot that is really helpful. Yes it is the 90 degree piece that is broken so will get onto ordering a new one now and get the correct hose for it. Thanks for the help mate really appreciated.

If you need more help post some pictures I have the exact bike and recently rebuild pv and top end so I can help.