Sign in to follow this  

RMX 250 Power valve Help

Ok... pulled my supposed 1998 RMX 250 apart with the intention of replacing the piston. Noticed that the power valves were nothing like the manual. Not connected to the arm and do not appear to be doing anything :

Ive had it quite a while and  it runs well but a little "flat." Previous owner was told by the guy he bought it from that it had the "big power valve conversion"

Pics exactly as i found it...

Hmmm.... dunno whats going on here.... has this been "de-commissioned" ?

:(

20160119_182253.jpg

20160119_182316.jpg

That is not any type of original RMX PV system.

It looks like someone has had made and fitted solid one piece blanks to replace the original PV parts to get the bike running.

Probably best to remove them and see if the cylinder is still capable of fitting genuine Suzuki parts. Either one of the two types of two stage RMX system, or the single stage from certain years of the RM.

They do seem to be blanks   :(

Unfortunately, power valves rarely come up for sale in the uk (RM or RMX) and given the value of the bike its not worth buying new or second hand from abroad (import duties / delivery costs...)

Alas i will probably just put some new rings in and put it back together as is... Bugger.

Btw does anyone know how to adjust PV spring? How much should I turn it clockwise. Today went for a break in drive and it felt like a flat top end. Tried to turn it from 0 to 180 degree position and it didn't have any difference. Linkage is connected. Valves move freely.

Btw does anyone know how to adjust PV spring? How much should I turn it clockwise. Today went for a break in drive and it felt like a flat top end. Tried to turn it from 0 to 180 degree position and it didn't have any difference. Linkage is connected. Valves move freely.

The standard setting is one turn clockwise.