Sign in to follow this  

"E" petcock

Just took the petcock apart on my E, it dribbled a little in the off position, I was expecting to see a bad gasket or O-ring, instead I found the back of the dial pitted badly where the dial mates with the reserve port when it's in the off position. Does Suzuki sell just the dial? Or can I skim some JB weld (or something else) on the pitted area?

It's worth a try, this stuff called Seal-All works good...

I'll look into that stuff, am a little worried that over time whatever I end up using will deteriorate, and end up clogging something in the carb. The dial has the number 58 on it, I don't think that's a part number, I'll bet buying just the dial from Suzuki won't happen. If I buy a used petcock, may run into the same thing, and I imagine buying a new one will be way over-priced

I'll look into that stuff, am a little worried that over time whatever I end up using will deteriorate, and end up clogging something in the carb. The dial has the number 58 on it, I don't think that's a part number, I'll bet buying just the dial from Suzuki won't happen. If I buy a used petcock, may run into the same thing, and I imagine buying a new one will be way over-priced

Yeah good point, pretty sure you can order that part.

Found an aftermarket petcock for 35dollars, reasonable. Before I order, I'm gonna look into getting that dial from Suzuki

• Like 1