Sign in to follow this  

2007 TTR-125 neutral safety switch

I have an 07 TTR-125 with E-start.  The bike will only start in neutral with the e-start and in gear with the clutch pulled in with kickstart.  My question why won't the e-start work in gear with the clutch pulled in?  It would be nice to be able to start it in any gear with the e-start then just shift down to first.  Is there something I am missing on this? 

I have an 07 TTR-125 with E-start. The bike will only start in neutral with the e-start and in gear with the clutch pulled in with kickstart. My question why won't the e-start work in gear with the clutch pulled in? It would be nice to be able to start it in any gear with the e-start then just shift down to first. Is there something I am missing on this?

Honestly I'd just take the fuel tank off, follow the wires from the safety switch on the clutch perch, find where they connect to the main harness under the fuel tank and install a jumper wire to complete the circuit, one of the first things I did for my girlfriends bike. Edited by yzdude250f

I figured it out last night thanks.  For some reason the switch on the handlebars was not working properly I took it off and cleaned it up and now starts with clutch pulled-in in any gear.

I figured it out last night thanks. For some reason the switch on the handlebars was not working properly I took it off and cleaned it up and now starts with clutch pulled-in in any gear.

awesome !