Sign in to follow this  

NEED HELP! Drove 20 hours to ride and bike cut out first Moto

2016 Ktm 350 SXF was running great and in the middle of my Moto just as I was about to hit a big triple the motor quit!! Start button won't do a thing absolutely dead. Battery connection looks fine. Nothing works. Tried push starting it. Nothing. It's not seized just dead. Any feedback would be appreciated.

A few have been popping the main fuse

Fuse was blown so I replaced it and it immediately blew again. Next step is to check the capacitor I guess

My XCF would not hold a charge. Took it to the dealer for a complete check, and it was running total loss. The battery ran the ignition, but when the battery ran down, the ignition cut off. Stator/charging system did nothing. Dealer found that it was miswired from the factory. Not sure exactly what he did, but it has been perfect ever since

Sounds like you have a short somewhere.  When I installed my Shorai I wanted to put some extra thick insulation on the main power cable that comes off the battery. On my EXC it rubs on the subframe seems like it could be an issue down the road.  I never did do that.... LOL

Check the wire loom I fixed my buddy's husky 450 that did the same thing . It was a busted wire that was routed wrong through the frame from the factory.

anybody know anything about the capacitor?????

The condensator on the 2016 has an issue that will cause the bike to suddenly shut off.  The factory supported bikes are using KTM part# 77711035000.  This according to Brayton's mechanic. 

Condensator.JPG

Edited by Camber18

Might order one up are they the same for 250 350 450 ?

Yeah that's what a buddy said. He had same problem and it was the condenser. Crazy how dangerous this could have been. Never had any of these issues w Japanese bikes

Edited by sparrino

Yes, 250, 350, 450 are all the same.  The 2016 microfiche labels it a condensor (79011035000). The part# I provided above is for 2015 and earlier models.  

Condensor, condensator, and capacitor are interchangible terms. Ironically, these parts are made in Japan...

Edited by Camber18

Ok guys, get ready for this!!!! According to my dealer this is going to be Another recall!!!!!!!! The condenser/capacitor/condensator all the same is faulty and can pretty much get you killed as it almost did me!!!! It completely shuts off the bike when it goes and if that happens while hitting a jump face you can kiss your ass goodbye