Sign in to follow this  

Yoshimura Fender eliminator kit

Hi

Going to be getting a Honda CRF250L soon.

Been liking this link

https://thumpertalk.com/shop/Popular/Honda-CRF250L-c4914/

That the Thumper Talk store for the CRF250L

My question is,  

I wanted to get the  DRC Edge II rear brake light kit.

Also wanted to get the Yoshimura Fender eliminator kit.

Wanted the dealership to do this, at a good price, before i took delivery of the vehicle.

My question is.....

It appears the Yosh Fender eliminator kit comes with a LED brake light.

Do i just want to get the Yosh Fender elim kit ?    Is this brake light adequate ?

DSCF2371.jpg

I'd like my CRF250L to look like this one.

What is this ?

Is this the DRC Edge II rear light kit  and the Yosh fender eliminator kit ?

........If i did this,  does the shop/ dealership just cut out the LED light on the Yosh fender elim kit ?

I'm trying to figure out what to do.   ....And trying to get this 250L  HOOKED UP before i take it home

• Like 1

They both come with both. I had the DRC taillight kit. The DRC comes with the Tail light and the eliminator kit. The Yoshi is an eliminator kit that comes with a tail light. Pick the one you like best, you don't need both. I personally like the DRC better.

EDIT: The photo looks like the DRC. 

Edited by Old Goat Ninja
  • Like 1

Hi

Going to be getting a Honda CRF250L soon.

Been liking this link

https://thumpertalk.com/shop/Popular/Honda-CRF250L-c4914/

That the Thumper Talk store for the CRF250L

My question is,

I wanted to get the DRC Edge II rear brake light kit.

Also wanted to get the Yoshimura Fender eliminator kit.

Wanted the dealership to do this, at a good price, before i took delivery of the vehicle.

My question is.....

It appears the Yosh Fender eliminator kit comes with a LED brake light.

Do i just want to get the Yosh Fender elim kit ? Is this brake light adequate ?

DSCF2371.jpg

I'd like my CRF250L to look like this one.

What is this ?

Is this the DRC Edge II rear light kit and the Yosh fender eliminator kit ?

........If i did this, does the shop/ dealership just cut out the LED light on the Yosh fender elim kit ?

I'm trying to figure out what to do. ....And trying to get this 250L HOOKED UP before i take it home

This is the DRC using stock blinkers. I like it.

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1453245474.551683.jpg

Does anyone know if it's required to have a light to illuminate the license plate? for PA inspection

Do these fender eliminators have license plate illuminators? I absolutely hate the rear fendor and figure I'll break it during a trail ride anyways, so it would be nice to delete that monstrosity.

Does anyone know if it's required to have a light to illuminate the license plate? for PA inspection

Do these fender eliminators have license plate illuminators? I absolutely hate the rear fendor and figure I'll break it during a trail ride anyways, so it would be nice to delete that monstrosity.

The DRC pictured above does illuminate the license plate. I would gamble that every state requires that...just guessing. It is required here in Louisiana for sure. Edited by Dogger
  • Like 1

The DRC pictured above sure does illuminate the license plate.

Thanks...I just noticed it in another picture - completely missed it in your posted pic... 🤦

• Like 1

I'll try to re-do Dogger's pic here, a bit larger.

was just now looking again at the Thumper Talk 250L store........

So Dogger,  you got the DRC tail light for $73.86     ....and not the DRC turn signals    ( as seeable in your pic  )   

Interesting.  I'm glad you furnished that pic.

Old G. Ninja.....

I was going to ask,   If i want results like in the pic i furnshed, then i need to get the $73.86 DRC tail light  AND ALSO the DRC Moto LED Flasher Type 602 turn signal lights   .....right ?

post-436839-14532454768664_zpsc6mc6p6z.j

So in this pic above........   That's just the $74 DRC tail light..   CORRECT ?    ( To Acheive what's seeable in this pic )   ( meaning -  no other license plate mounting or relocating parts or any other parts of any sort whatsoever are required   )  

Edited by mikectm2

Dogger

I'll try to re-do your pic here, a bit larger.

I was just now looking again at the Thumper Talk 250L store........

So you got the DRC tail light for $73.86 ....and not the DRC turn signals ( as seeable in your pic )

Interesting. I'm glad you furnished that pic.

I was going to ask, ....if i want results like in the pic i furnshed, then i need to get the $73.86 DRC tail light AND ALSO theDRC Moto LED Flasher Type 602 turn signal lights .....right ?

Here's that pic again

post-436839-14532454768664_zpsc6mc6p6z.j

I am on an iPad and it shows up big. Not sure what it looks like on pc. Adjust to your liking for sure. All you need is the DRC tail light with stock blinkers. Yes you have to buy more electronics if you go with the LED turn signals from your pic to get the flash rate to slow down. I don't have that, so I don't know the installation procedure. The stock blinkers are not LED so nothing else is needed. Here is a great guy doing the install that I followed in the link below. Some soldering and wire color matching is involved, but not hard. Definitely use heat shrink on every soldered connection. I guess you could crimp on terminal ends on the wires and not have to solder, but I wanted a more reliable connection.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1hAH9Lc0uw

Edited by Dogger
  • Like 2

I have the Yoshimura and am happy with it and it does light up the plate as well. 

This is an old video taken with my cell phone and many mods have been changed and added since then. 

• Like 3

My only fear for keeping the stock turn signals is that some day, the government will discontinue the 21Watt bulb in the stock turn signals. Then I'll be forced to buy LED signals. Might need to stock up on some like I did on 60 watt household soft/warm light bulbs. Amazing.

Edited by Dogger
  • Like 1

This is all making sense.

so the turn indicators in the Original pic i posted are LED     .....i see.

That requires  DRC Moto LED Flasher Type 602 (D45-60-20X)

.....Which is $40

Dogger,  then you say more is needed ?

I found 2 other items  ( listed below )    are they BOTH needed ?

DRC Triple Clamp Mount Turn Signal Bracket (9912)

DRC IC Relay (D45-69-830)

I may just do the Tail light.

This'll be done at the dealership.

Is the IC Relay the electronics you mention ?

The relay is to get the normal flash rate back .... LED's will blink fast without it.  

I have read that the DRC will require you to silicone it up to seal it tight if you do a lot of off road and was the main reason I went with the Yosh. 

so the turn indicators in the Original pic i posted are LED .....i see.

That requires DRC Moto LED Flasher Type 602 (D45-60-20X)

.....Which is $40

Dogger, then you say more is needed ?

I found 2 other items ( listed below ) are they BOTH needed ?

so the turn indicators in the Original pic i posted are LED .....i see.

That requires DRC Moto LED Flasher Type 602 (D45-60-20X)

.....Which is $40

Dogger, then you say more is needed ?

I found 2 other items ( listed below ) are they BOTH needed ?

I have know idea what all the led's take to install because I chose to keep the stock blinkers which in my opinion, looks good, are effective and the cheapest install (not because I am cheap...I will get what It takes). I'm sure the led's are not hard to install, just takes a little more cash for electronics. Sorry I can't be of more help. I guess it just depends on the look you want. Both variations alert oncoming or trailing traffic that a turn is coming which is what counts of course. Good luck with whichever install you choose. Either one should work well.

I know people like the drc but I went with the yoshi.  I don't remember why I specifically chose the Yoshi but I seem to recall the drc's were "universal fit" at the time and I didn't like that.  I also wanted to use the stock indicators and I think that was only possible with the yoshi as the universal kit would get melted off or something.  I am not a fan of the integrated indicators.  It was a couple of years ago now and although I can't remember the specific reason like anything else I brought for this bike I am sure I researched the crap out of it and had a good reason.  At any rate the yoshi fit great, easy install works well and has given me zero issues.

• Like 2

I went with the DRC Moto LED EDGE2, I kept the stock indicators on the rear, look at the photo you can see the No. plate light, it's very bright when on.

Ian's_CRF250L_rear.png

BUT... After install, if you look straight down from the top you will see the rear tyre sticks out about 2.5 - 3 inches past the end of the number plate, because of this.. when it rains or the roads are wet the back of your seat or your passengers back will get spray from the rear wheel. :(

I ended up having to add a small price of rubber to stop this, I guess you could use the end of the original fender, I couldn't because I had already chopped it the first day I got the bike 🙂 . See photo below of what I mean (I also added a second (very small) stop/tail light at the end of the rubber flap):

rear fender.png

Also, with the DRC light I didn't like how far it was in under the rear plastic cover so I used a round file to slot the most rear 2 holes (about 15mm extra), the front 2 holes don't reach so I just put the bolts in with a big washer that catches the DRC & holds it down, it doesn't look too pretty but it does the job & you never see the bolts under the plastic cover. 🙂 Now the DRC lines up nice with the end of the plastic.

Since I took the above photo I have already painted all the bolt & screw heads flat black, it looks much better now. 🙂

Edited by <Ian Nicoll/>
  • Like 2

help !

The rack in my original picture is the Moose Racing Expedition rear rack  ....correct ?

Chaparral Motorsports wants to charge me $443 for it !    ..that includes the bags

Is there a cheaper ( and maybe better ) rack and/or rack with luguagge   ....available for the CRF250L ?

Then mountain motorsports had said $122 for the Yoshimura fender eliminator kit  ..and $80 to install it

Chaparral wants me to get the DRC fender eliminator kit for $54.99    ....and install it for $90

Does anyone know if the DRC fender eliminator kit is ok ?

Would love to see a pic of the Yoshimura fender eliminator kit with all OEM/ stock lighting

And on a seperate note,   ....No one seems to have a 2016 CRF250L

They all have 2015s

I called Honda this morning.   They don't have any date for the availability of the 2016.

It's almost Feb 2016   .....I'd like to get a 2016 !

But all these shops want to charge $5,500 out the door   ..for a 2015

Should i just wait ?      ..there's no bonus cash on a 2015 CRF250L either......     ( go to the Honda website   ..and click on SHOPPING TOOLS  ..then CURRENT OFFERS

Edited by mikectm2

Would love to see a pic of the Yoshimura fender eliminator kit with all OEM/ stock lighting

I posted a video of it in action for you a few days ago ..... here ya go ...  :cheers:

index.php?app=core&module=attach&section

• Like 2

Dude, i like your bike !

Watched your video.    sorry for missing that the first time..

1  What aftermarket SEAT COVER is that ?

Your pic is not with OEM/ stock lighting   (  i want a pic of the Yosh fender elim kit on a stock CRF250L  )      .....that looks like you have an aftermarket  BRAKE LIGHT

I think though, that getting the Yosh brake light ( like what you did is a good idea )

Haven't seen one CRF250L yet, that has 'handled' the ugly rear fender (bat wing )  ..that HAS NOT also replaced the rear BRAKE LIGHT.    .....so i think i'll get an aftermarket BRAKE LIGHT also

Can you furnish a Internet Hyperlink of those HANDLEBARS ?

Edited by mikectm2