Sign in to follow this  

1984 XR200 rebuild

Picked up a 1984 XR200 this week. Needs top end rebuild and quite a bit of refurb.

20160118_140728.jpg

Started removing the black rattlecan paint and uncovered this.

20160118_171640.jpg

Halfway through removal.

20160118_192142_1.jpg

Dropped the jug off today to have it bored. The cam chain wore a pretty good groove in it. Flushed out most of the shavings out of the case but may need to split it to get it all.

The clutch basket has some interesting marks on it where it was contacting one of the gears.

20160118_162330.jpg

Any idea what would cause this? Is there a bushing that may be worn?

I've been searching for a service manual for this particular bike, but have come up dry. If anyone has a link to one I'd appreciate it.

Yeah it may need a little refurb.....that thing looks beat! The tank looks great though! It just boggles my mind as to what some people do to their bikes...I mean the spray paint...cmon.

You know, once you get past the spray paint and custom seat cover, its not as bad as you would think. Frame is solid and straight, front and rear brakes work, and suspension looks ok. Some of the spray paint was sprayed over the mud that was still on the bike. 🙂

I'm going to have to use a spare jug out of my inventory. The original has already been bored and going another. 020 would make the walls thinner than I would like.

• Like 1