Sign in to follow this  

Crf 150rb trail gearing and exhaust

I'm wondering what a good gearing for trail riding is. I have a gauge that shows rpms and speed and at 45mph I would like the rpms to drop a bit but not loose a lot of power. It currently has 15/56 gears. I've been looking at exhausts also. I need a USFS approved spark arrestor. I was looking at the pro moto Billit cap and seems like something I will be intrested in but for another $44.60 I can get a silent insert or an ultra silent tip. I'm not sure if that's worth it or if it will screw with anything else.

Well I need a spark arrestor to ride where I'm going to be riding. I don't want a huge difference in gearing though. I want a difference that will make it a little faster and lower rpms at a speed I'm going to be going at.

Get the cheapest end cap or DIY drain screen and add in. Not going to be any differences in them. Gearing,,, stock gearing unless your over the 120lbs is an overkill. You can drop the rear down to 52-54 without killing the power. You didn't post what type of terrain, skill, mx/trails or your weight which will play a major role in selection. With any gearing you will still be running in the upper RPM because this is where the bike likes to be.