Sign in to follow this  

Cr80RB for a bigger guy?

Hi guys I was wondering if a cr80RB would be a good bike to play around on and use it to practice?

I'm 5'7 and weigh 180. Am I to big for it?

How would maintenance be if I ride it kinda hard here and there. (Not to its full potential though)

I rode one for the first time the other day and had a blast on it. Felt like a perfect little bike.

I also own a 2000 Rm250. But I thought it would be cool to have a small bike to play on.

I also have a younger brother who's 13 and weighs about 110 and is 5'5.

I think a bike like this would be perfect for me to buy so I could practice on and mess around on an pass it done to my brother.

What do you guys think?

Also what's a good price to pay for a cr80 1997 and up .

Thanks guys

Edited by UlyssesGuz24

I bought my wife a small wheel Suzuki 80 smoker last year. She hated the 2 stroke, so me and my friends used it as a pit bike, and sometimes people even borrowed it as a buddy bike. I'm between 210-220 lbs and it was gutless on long trail rides, but it was a blast to play on, race my daughter on her 50 on the track, do tricks on and get drunk and do stupid shit around the house on. You will find it small, but if you already have a real bike, you will find it fun as an extra toy. Adults on them does take it's toll and you really need to wring its neck, but if you have disposable $, why not

I bought my wife a small wheel Suzuki 80 smoker last year. She hated the 2 stroke, so me and my friends used it as a pit bike, and sometimes people even borrowed it as a buddy bike. I'm between 210-220 lbs and it was gutless on long trail rides, but it was a blast to play on, race my daughter on her 50 on the track, do tricks on and get drunk and do stupid shit around the house on. You will find it small, but if you already have a real bike, you will find it fun as an extra toy. Adults on them does take it's toll and you really need to wring its neck, but if you have disposable $, why not

Thanks for the advice. I think I would have to put new rings on it every other trip I would take it out. I have a feeling the little 80 would get some good beatings but I'm sure new rings every few hours would do good.

Thanks for the advice. I think I would have to put new rings on it every other trip I would take it out. I have a feeling the little 80 would get some good beatings but I'm sure new rings every few hours would do good.

I was getting 10-15 hours a set of rings, but it was getting pretty sloppy by that point each time.