Sign in to follow this  

Gas tank Nipple 2014 KTM EXC 500

I'm needing some assistance to get the gas tank nipple for a 90 degree fitting for the fuel line to fit onto a 3 gal Acerbis fuel tank. I recently changed my stock 2.25 gal tank to a 3 gal Acerbis fuel tank and the aftermarket nipple that allows the 90 degree fitting to be installed bottoms out on the fuel pump before it gets seated tightly against the bottom of the fuel tank to keep it from leaking. It fit fine on the stock tank and the fuel pump connection looks to fit the same in the new tank but the nipple comes stops about 1/4" short of the o-ring seating against the bottom of the new Acerbis tank. Has anyone else run into this problem? If so, how did you correct it? My next step is to mill it down a little but would prefer not to.

Thanks for your help

You must have the wrong 90 degree. There are two. One for the stock tank and one for the thinner tanks like acerbis. There's parts numbers on this forum somewhere. I'll see if I can find them.

Edit: it's in post #37 in the below thread.

https://thumpertalk.com/index.php?/topic/1123348-Anyone-running-a-bigger-tank-on-thier-500exc%3F/page__view__findpost__p__12806313

Edited by oldfuddy
  • Like 1