Sign in to follow this  

2013 KTM 450 SX clutch slip

So i put a timbersled kit on this bike and its awesome, but I had to use a jumper pack a few times when the battery was tired, so I added a kickstarter kit. That went fine, I had to take out the clutch to do the install, and now when I but it all back together the clutch slips. I put new fibers and metals in, it will drive, but slips when you give it the gas. I bled the hydraulic line to the clutch. It was working perfect prior to the tear down. Is there a trick to getting these clutches set up? My first KTM I love the bike but this is killing me!!

Bleeding the clutch, though maybe necessary wouldn't cause your issue.  That would cause poor release and dragging while in gear and the clutch pulled in, hard finding neutral etc.  The Belleville washer on the '13's is weak and I'd recommend getting a '14 or newer that is 280psi versus the 250psi of the '13.  You should still not have slipping though if it is all put together right.  Did you soak the clutch plates in oil before you put them in?  That's really important, and other than this it's just time to pull it apart and see if it's all put together right.  You probably noticed that the center washer that holds down the Belleville washer is tapered and applies varying pressure depending on what position you in stall it in, stock is the middle setting.  Where is yours set?

I bet the std 250 psi would slip with that kit

...You probably noticed that the center washer that holds down the Belleville washer is tapered and applies varying pressure depending on what position you in stall it in, stock is the middle setting.  Where is yours set?

This was what I thinking next....