Sign in to follow this  

California Airoh Helmet, in So Cal

Thought i would give this a try, I can't seem to find a dealer who stocks these helmets, it's down to a Shoei, or Airoh, i have a brand new Arai [ really, brand new, only worn to test the fit, and i just don't like it ], not opposed to the Shoei, but i want to at least try the Airoh if i can find one. Does anyone know of a dealer in So Cal that carries them? FYI, I will be selling the Arai, it's the latest version of the Justin Barcia model, and it's signed by him, new never used. 

Arnie, look into the Suomy helmets.  I'm pretty sure they're almost identical to the Airoh's.  Can get you a deal on one if you're interested.

Arnie, look into the Suomy helmets.  I'm pretty sure they're almost identical to the Airoh's.  Can get you a deal on one if you're interested.

+1.  I just got a Suomy Alpha helmet to replace my Shoei.  Fit is great, and is very light.  I am very impressed with it.

Another +1 for the Suomy. Lightest and most comfortable helmet I have every tried. Try one on if you can. I ended up getting one size larger than I normally wear.

I would definitely get another one if I could get a deal on it *hint hint*

Thanks for the tip, i will try to find one to try on.

+1.  I just got a Suomy Alpha helmet to replace my Shoei.  Fit is great, and is very light.  I am very impressed with it.

Gflo, are you in So Cal, where did you find one to try on?

Gflo, are you in So Cal, where did you find one to try on?

I am in SoCal, outside of Tehachapi (Bear Valley Springs), but could not find anywhere to try one on.  I bought it from RMATV and used the sizing guide for the Suomy helmets.  It came back for an XL, and it fits snug- just about right.  I was wearing an XL in the Shoei that I replaced.  The only place it is a little snug is in the cheek pieces, which usually loosen up a bit with use.  Otherwise, it is very comfortable and very light.  No regrets at all.  The advantage with RMATV is the ease of returning it if I didn't like the fit.

I know this is an old topic.  I am looking to replace my Fox V4.  I ordered a new Fox V3 mips in the medium I have always worn and it doesn't fit well at all.  Feels like it's sitting an inch or two above my head.  So I am looking at Suomy Alpha and Fly F2 carbon.  I was a few hours away and tried on a F2 carbon mips and it fit quite well though it's on the heaver side.  About the same as a the V3, the expensive Bell moto 9 carbon and Fly F2.  I tried on a friends Bell moto 9 carbon and it fit OK but felt more round than my head so I guess I have a more oval head.    Any additional thoughts on the Suomy Alpha and how it fits?  There are no local or semi local dealers around or should I get the Fly F2 carbon and suck up the weight?  Any other helmets I should consider, I can find any Airoh dealers in the US, the Suomy seems similar in many ways but can be found in the US along with parts if needed.  Either way I have to order online.  THANKS. 

I’ve had my Suomy Alpha now for almost a year.  It’s been great, and I would buy another in a heatbeat.  I have the XL, which fits about the same as my older Shoei in XL.  It is pretty light and I don’t get the sore neck I used to get with my heavier Shoei.

Airoh all the way. Hands down. I have the Suomy also and it's a great helmet not even close to the build quality as the Airoh. My Suomy needed new insides after a year. I was able to get my Suomy at Malcolm Smiths. The Airoh I had to order from Italy, was at my door in a week. Best helmet I've ever owned. The Airoh and Suomy have a very similar fit almost identical.

Oh yeah forgot to mention that I paid WAY less for the Airoh with shipping from Italy. The dudes selling them in the states are high on quaaludes with what they are asking for.

20160711_155657.jpg

20160711_155624.jpg

1509582595014422294709.jpg

15095826534641604814988.jpg

Edited by KDY
  • Like 1

Airoh all the way. Hands down. I have the Suomy also and it's a great helmet not even close to the build quality as the Airoh. My Suomy needed new insides after a year. I was able to get my Suomy at Malcolm Smiths. The Airoh I had to order from Italy, was at my door in a week. Best helmet I've ever owned. The Airoh and Suomy have a very similar fit almost identical.

Oh yeah forgot to mention that I paid WAY less for the Airoh with shipping from Italy. The dudes selling them in the states are high on quaaludes with what they are asking for.

20160711_155657.jpg.e16a3c4647051439c80f0e173619fae4.jpg

20160711_155624.jpg.1bfc8b892b3d313ceebfd98e71d5fea7.jpg

1509582595014422294709.jpg.036d488baeb01a344b2ae9a0849d00e9.jpg

15095826534641604814988.thumb.jpg.79fc6f3272d563a3e9e28bd37806faec.jpg

IMG_0344.thumb.jpg.554bd7d893fc174b2db5ba62efe71786.jpgthis is the one I got. So much lighter than my old helmet.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KDY said:

20160711_155657.jpg

that airoh is a blatant counterfeit.

everybody knows all airoh helmets come with an assortment of massage oils

• Like 2

I wouldn't  I'd buy either based on looks alone. I know safety first, looks second. But if I can get another helmet that looks better (in my opinion) and the same safety technology I will. 

I went to extremesupply and tried on the Troy Lee SE4 with mips and it fit great for me.