Sign in to follow this  

cut seat vs seat concepts low

Would you guys say the foam is the same on the seat concepts and the cut seat? I'm looking to get my bike lower and not sure which route i want to take, both require taking the seat cover off and stapling it back on. They say the seat concepts gets narrow at the front which I don't like the sound of as I use my knees to pinch the seat and tank while riding. 

do you think cutting the seat will be as comfortable as the seat concepts low?

(will be on 2014 ktm 350exc)

thanks

-chris

I have both the low and standard height seat concepts seats for my 500 exc. The low seat is a lot lower than the standard height. I can easily flat foot with the low and hover on my tip toes with the standard one. The low seat concepts is a lot more comfortable than stock seat, but not quite as comfortable as the standard seat concepts.

I was going to sell my low, but decided to keep it for technical trails and use my standard height for the desert. Both are great, they are the best I've ever sat on. Here are a few pics of both seats.

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1453344683.486862.jpgImageUploadedByThumper Talk1453344783.997366.jpgImageUploadedByThumper Talk1453344819.867369.jpg

Standard height seat

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1453344933.949902.jpg

Low seat

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1453345038.164076.jpg

Edited by Deepseadan

I shaved my seat myself.. just pulled the staples and cut almost 2 inches out of the seat. its low for sure, its works well for aggressive riding but not very comfortable for cruising. The amount of foam i took out didn't change the actual compression of the seat much. It feels almost like a horse saddle, but a bit softer... I ended up buying a factory gripper seat afterwords because the cut seat wasn't good for multiple situations.

Here is a few pics to see how the seat looked after the cut..

KTM 029.jpg

KTM 045.jpg

KTM 042.jpg

KTM 037.jpg

Edited by James Mark

I have both the low and standard height seat concepts seats for my 500 exc. The low seat is a lot lower than the standard height. I can easily flat foot with the low and hover on my tip toes with the standard one. The low seat concepts is a lot more comfortable than stock seat, but not quite as comfortable as the standard seat concepts.

I was going to sell my low, but decided to keep it for technical trails and use my standard height for the desert. Both are great, they are the best I've ever sat on. Here are a few pics of both seats.

📎ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1453344683.486862.jpg📎ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1453344783.997366.jpg📎ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1453344819.867369.jpg

Standard height seat

📎ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1453344933.949902.jpg

Low seat

📎ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1453345038.164076.jpg

Are you able to get me the part number or direct link to that seat. I've looked on the website but there's so many I don't want to get the wrong one I really need a shorter seat and that looks perfect

Are you able to get me the part number or direct link to that seat. I've looked on the website but there's so many I don't want to get the wrong one I really need a shorter seat and that looks perfect

No, I drove there in person and told them what I wanted. Call them on the phone and tell them what you want. Much easier. If you like mine tell them-

Year of your bike, (mine is 16 but 12 -16 are the same) Low cut seat, gripper top, carbon fiber sides, and orange stitching. Both of my seats are the same except for the height. Here's another pic of mine low cut.

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1453564007.397969.jpg

Just checking, but your not in so cal right? They can install it in person in about 20 minutes for a much cheaper price than buying the whole seat.

You can choose the bike and height easily here with free shipping over 100 bucks I believe.

https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/1061/47217/Seat-Concepts-Seat-Cover-and-Foam-Kit

I shaved my seat myself.. just pulled the staples and cut almost 2 inches out of the seat. its low for sure, its works well for aggressive riding but not very comfortable for cruising. The amount of foam i took out didn't change the actual compression of the seat much. It feels almost like a horse saddle, but a bit softer... I ended up buying a factory gripper seat afterwords because the cut seat wasn't good for multiple situations.

Here is a few pics to see how the seat looked after the cut..

Was the factory gripper seat a low version as well?

Would your conclusion be that the seat concepts would be worth it over cutting since there's gets wider which would make it more comfortable on longer rides

Was the factory gripper seat a low version as well?

Would your conclusion be that the seat concepts would be worth it over cutting since there's gets wider which would make it more comfortable on longer rides

yes it is a low version.. and i can touch almost flat footed. but if i had to do it again i would just buy the sella del ville gripper seat cover on a factory power_parts low seat.. they look beautiful, or seat concepts is also a good choice just not really a racing seat, it does work but it is defiantly more comfort oriented for the long hauls.

Just call seat concepts. Great company and service. They will set you up with the correct stuff

Not trying to be rude but what would a seat cost that looks like yours in the low version? are they reasonably priced?

The factory blue gripper seat cover is $189 i believe plus $100 for the low seat with it and you have to put it together yourself lol. or the dealer for a small cost.

I bought a whole seat pan and everything for about 300. Still have stock to do what I want with and getting the whole thing from the factory was well worth it.

yes it is a low version.. and i can touch almost flat footed. but if i had to do it again i would just buy the sella del ville gripper seat cover on a factory power_parts low seat.. they look beautiful, or seat concepts is also a good choice just not really a racing seat, it does work but it is defiantly more comfort oriented for the long hauls.

I disagree on the low seat concepts not being a racing seat. The low seat concepts seat is almost identical to the factory low power parts seat in the dimensions department. I've had both. The difference is in the quality of the seat foam with the seat concepts being softer on the top and firm below that. It supports better and is a lot more comfortable.
  • Like 1