Sign in to follow this  

winter protect 02 cr250

Hay everyone. New to the group and so far I love it. Lots of good info . I started a little project about a month ago and it has transformed into a big project .I bought some new plastics and a partial graphics kit and was not happy. It was like polishing a turd so I decided to tare the whole thing down and start from scratch. When I bought this bike and it had a few issues like the swing arm and linkage were all rusted and dried up so I started removing parts and found more and more wrong . Things were bent, broke and missing. This is not a complete rebuild of ever piece on the bike but I have tried to do as much as my finances will allow. Hope everyone injoyes it and I will update and respond as often as I can.

20151216_103330.jpg

20151216_103311.jpg

Wile I had the motor out I replaced the clutch, painted the water pump and exhaust valve covers. I think it turned out good. Also added the boisen clutch and ignition cover . Cleaned everything up as best as my patience would allow and installed a new bolt kit. I have also rebuilt the rear shock and linkage.

I suck so I didn't take pics of a lot of this because I had no intention in making this thread but now I figure if I can help anyone else going threw the process then I would

Here is some pics of the way it sits now. I put the new radiators and hoses on along with a 2016 front fender and number plat conversion . I am waiting on my full graphics kit that shipped today to come in and debating on ordering the 3 gal tank. I plan on making this a off road woods bike so suspension revalve is in the future but for now I intend to put the cart before the horse and make it look good first 🙂

20160116_121628_001.jpg

20160116_121641.jpg

20160116_112446.jpg

20160120_103038.jpg

20160120_103812.jpg

I forgot to mention I also repact the silencer and a friend of mine gave me a bran new flywheel weight and when I took the ignition cover off I realized it already had one installed. So now its for sale if anyone is interested.

Nice work!!.....i love how easy the 3rd gen CR's are to work on and tidy up to your own liking!

I like the painted covers, thats given me some inspiration for mine.......what paint did u use?

Cheers

• Like 1

Nice work!!.....i love how easy the 3rd gen CR's are to work on and tidy up to your own liking!

I like the painted covers, thats given me some inspiration for mine.......what paint did u use?

Cheers

Thanx sandy250 I used a spray can bed liner from the parts store for the RC valve and water pump. I orderd the others. It seems pretty strong but I'll have to see how it holds up.
  • Like 1

Here is some pics of it finished. I am waiting for the fed ex truck to drop off the lectron carb today and it will be done. And yes I have already re routed the front brake cable 🙂

1455116593439.jpg

1455116603726.jpg

1455116615981.jpg

1455116629183.jpg

1455116639753.jpg

• Like 1