Sign in to follow this  

Yz 125

Hey guys got a 2 stroke and it seems like when most two strokes smoke. It pushes the smoke out when on the throttle. When I pull back on the throttle. More just keeps coming out. Why is this thanks

Usually a well maintained 2-stroke will smoke a little, sounds like your scoot may have blown crank seals, on the clutch side, it will draw tranny fluid into it, thus causing said smoke, make sure your top end is fresh, cylinder and piston in spec. and if need be replace those crank seals, it may reduce the smoking you are speaking of.

Hey guys got a 2 stroke and it seems like when most two strokes smoke. It pushes the smoke out when on the throttle. When I pull back on the throttle. More just keeps coming out. Why is this thanks

What is your needle clip at also oil ratio. What size pilot jet have you tried to adjust the air screw. Also is the silencer filled with oil causing spooge? I'd check that before going in on the crank seals.

This post should be titled "Smoke! What do?!"

Yes, 2 strokes smoke at least a little bit all the time.

Cold, free revving with no load will smoke more than normal.

'11+ YZ250s also have a neutral switch, which will also retard the timing while revving in neutral, making it smoke even more.

Always start with the simple stuff and possible operator errors. The previous suggestions are great.