Sign in to follow this  

XRs Only Big Fin Head

Has anyone had this done recently?  I'm leery of the work I've seen come from there lately, ie their pipes, so I'm wondering about the quality.  For 3 bills I don't want crap work.  I have a 277 kit in my 03 XR250R and it needs help on cooling, this seems to be the hot (cool) ticket.

We have 8 xr300s with Xrs only welded fins.It was done in 1997-8 back then good job.Way more important,do you run XR4 oil cooler.? If not get cooler,Then think about big fin head.Our bikes zero over heating.Even without the fins.

We have 8 xr300s with Xrs only welded fins.It was done in 1997-8 back then good job.Way more important,do you run XR4 oil cooler.? If not get cooler,Then think about big fin head.Our bikes zero over heating.Even without the fins.

That was my other option.  Shopping around I can actually build a cooler from new parts cheaper than the head.

• Like 1

That was my other option.  Shopping around I can actually build a cooler from new parts cheaper than the head.

Ok so you dont have Oil cooler,we have 3/4 300s running around with Xr4 oil coolers only.No problems.

Fab one up like a DR650, minimal chance of damage with some protection around it.

I was stoned like a witch of old last time I asked about big fin heads....