Sign in to follow this  

Headlight dilemma

Hey guys

So I'm trying to figure my headlight situation out. I'm not crazy about the stock look or performance. I tried the chineese knock off supermoto style and like the look but it puts out no light.

I'm thinking I'd really like to use (2) 6" led light bars and wire them bottom low beam and both to high beam.

My question is what do I do with all the wires, connectors and such behind the headlight? I'd like it to look nice and unique while being rain proof.

Any ideas? Pics would also be great if anyone had a similar setup

Thanks,

Thumper

Probably easiest would be run the wires. under the tank and have your relays under the seat and run wires back up to the front for the lights might also run into some legal issues those lights are very bright and do not have much in the way of directionality blocking them from blinding oncoming drivers most headlights in the US slightly aim to the right to not blind oncoming traffic

Ok that might be a good idea. I'll have to look into it.

And I plan on being really careful with aiming the low beam so as to not blind people.

The high beams though are gonna light up the world as they will be paired with the (2) 1,000 lm aux lights I already have.

Yea I drive Mountain roads at night soooo...

Same here,,,i ride at night more than day,,,always have,more light is kinda usefull,,,🤣

Oh,,,run your wires in that plastic wire loom they use on cars,,,tape the ends up,,looks more professionalish,,lol

B

Edited by brianhare

Thanks backwoods

I'm looking at using the two light bars and not that because I want the high beams to really peirce the darkness as far in front of me as possible and the sides of the road also.

When I say a mountain road at night I'm really understating it. It's the boonies and it's DARK!

But I appreciate the imput

• Like 1

Think I accidentally stumbled on the answer I was looking for

My new plan is to buy and modify an aftermarket number plate for a crf450.

That way it looks clean, keeps the wires pretty much out of the weather and I can recess the low beam to use it to block the light from going high and into oncoming eyes.

I might have to find someway to cover the sides but I'll keep you guys posted and maybe turn this into a build thread!