Sign in to follow this  

Coolant Overflow Hose Routing

I had my swing arm off today for cleaning and notice two ears on the back of the engine. The coolant reservoir overflow hose fits through them perfectly, but I find it hard to believe this is what it's intended for. Any clue what these holes are for. Here's a pic of my hose through the holes (I put it like that):

https://www.imageshack.us/i/paZs9jSVj

Edited by mossman77

My BIL's 250R has the same ears, so it can't be for the overflow hose. I guess it's probably just a temporary holding point to make it easier to handle the motor during manufacture.

You're right about that, but I'm referring to the reservoir overflow hose, not the radiator overflow. I doubt it belongs there, even though it fits. Hey, if my reservoir does overflow, it will shoot a nice hot stream of water onto my chain and clean it off! 🙂

Edited by mossman77

OOPs read your post too quickly.

Don't remember where the recovery tank overflow is routed on mine, manuals should have a schematic.

I also don't remember having to deal that hose the many times I've lifted the subframe to servicing the carb.

Edited by Chuck.

I have mine routed in between the shock and swingarm with the carb vents and tranny vent. Seems to be fine. The reservoir overflow hose is one of the only hoses not clearly shown in the service manual hose routing diagram.

well I did just check mine. Nothing there just and area that holds the engine while it's being shipped in the crate most likely. Stock routing location I believe is along the top under the seat next to the frame to the sub-frame down to the catch tank from what I remember. Fixing to pull it all out again to move things around, fitting an 08 subframe, so if you want to I can take a few pics and show you the routing if need be.  

Sorry did the same thing chuck did, the other hose you're talking about just hangs with the fuel overflow tubes where you have it

Edited by hudsen8