Dual Filament Bulb (High Beam) Function?

Do the two filaments work together to produce the high beam, or do the filaments operate separately with one producing low beam and one producing high beam?  The green, yellow and blue wires on this trail tech switch offer up some crazy different wiring options and I just want to be sure I'm getting it right.

Thanks

One at a time.

Most bikes do not supply enough amperage to run both at the same time (or higher wattage bulbs either) nor are the wires capable of carrying double current. a 35/35 bulb would not output the same as a 70watt if both filaments were running. Not at all like a three bulb in a house lamp.

The filaments in the bulb too, are in different positions to vary the focus of the light, low and to the right (the left for countries where they drive on the wrong side of the road ?) for low beam, and more up for high beam.

Ahhh, so each filament carries the full wattage listed (35/35, 35/55, 25/50, etc.) and they are in no way combined to achieve the high beam wattage. Thanks for that, exactly what I needed to know!!

Edit - to confirm I'm thinking right I'd want to use the green and yellow wires, but not use the blue at all, correct? Diagram here - http://gallery.trailtech.net/media/instructions/switches/010-ELV-105.pdf

Edited by DiscoJV