Sign in to follow this  

Ktm 125 sx fork rebuild

I'm going to start off with what I know. The WP forks in the Ktm suck and the showa are better. I like my ktm and I'm not selling it to get another bike. I have read other forms but because I have to work to pay for the bike mods I don't have the time to scroll through the in related post of people arguing about their opinion.

I haven't even ridden my this bike much to really test out the suspension but basing it on my 250sxf suspension, but I know the ktm forks act differently than the showa out of the box. I like the stock suspension on my crf250r.

Does anybody have any suggestions on my best bang for my buck on a suspension rebuild or revalue etc. I will do the work my self but I have never broken down and modded WP forks.

Thanks

Really only 1 special tool is required, the needle for filling the bladder at the top of the forks, make your own or pay too much for the race tech needle ass'y. Everything else can be done using common tools although a large wrench is required. Aside from you liking your showas you need to provide more information about what you want the forks to do and what you currently don't like about them. What year of bike, your weight in gear and what terrain you are riding. If you know your current spring rates provide them as well.

Edited by rjg