Sign in to follow this  

Chad Reeds GET electronics device..

A video I saw of the bike also had a GET map switch next to the throttle, may have something to do with that.

Edited by cjjeepercreeper

Probably a transponder (antenna) You hold a device over it and can 'speak' to the bike without having to plug in a cable. Tuner in the pit makes a tweak to a program, swipes the transponder and loads the change, off the rider goes in five seconds.

• Like 1

Down on the front fender?? I doubt it..

They got a switch on the handelbar for maps, and a switch below the upper tripple clamp for power assistent..

But the new thing on the front fender is just by Chad and JGR team only, as far as I can see. (Pictures from A1 and SD SX rounds)

Probably a transponder (antenna) You hold a device over it and can 'speak' to the bike without having to plug in a cable. Tuner in the pit makes a tweak to a program, swipes the transponder and loads the change, off the rider goes in five seconds.

The Athena GET systems speaks over WiFi..buildt in the ECU box.

Seems to me its a sensor for something..but I don't know...

Pretty sure it collects data for the AARP......lol. Go Reedy!!!

• Like 2

Its basically a tach that lights up when they are in the optimal throttle for starts, its hard to hear your own bike beside 22 other 450's

• Like 1

Its basically a tach that lights up when they are in the optimal throttle for starts, its hard to hear your own bike beside 22 other 450's

That seems pretty plausible, given the body position at the start, leaning way forward,  head down, looking at the gate

That seems pretty plausible, given the body position at the start, leaning way forward, head down, looking at the gate

Cant remember where i saw it but thats what it was on the jgr bikes anyway

Taken from the link, anyone know why they would change the brake lever height adjust? Looks like a lot of extra work to achieve the same goal.

Factory-Yamaha-The-Machines36-600x399.jp

Seem to be a minor important thing to change yes...

I was going to refer to this video.

I think the teams also have alot more trick items then what they mention in this video as "their coolest parts".