Sign in to follow this  

Need some 2 stroke advice

I've been riding 4 strokes for a good time now and miss my 2 stroke. Wondering what size bike I should aim for. I'm average rider 6.2" at a whopping 260lbs 30yr old. I won't be doing any track/racing. Want it more for trails and blasting around the hills. I was thinking something like a Beta 300 or so.

Edited by 09BigRed

I would talk to babyarmholdinganapple he had one that got stolen and just ordered the 300rr race. They are certainly a beautiful bike, but not a whole lot of guys with much experience on them. Fwiw, aside from the price tag, I haven't heard a bad word about them.

http://youtu.be/9_7UcCLNXPg

The guy who makes the videos is on this forum from time to time as well. Believe his name is oz drz or something along the lines of that. The seat height is a little lower from what I've heard but the power is very smooth, as mentioned in the video I linked. Ktm 250/300 should also be a consideration for you as its a little taller of a bike

• Like 1

I've been riding 4 strokes for a good time now and miss my 2 stroke. Wondering what size bike I should aim for. I'm average rider 6.2" at a whopping 260lbs 30yr old. I won't be doing any track/racing. Want it more for trails and blasting around the hills. I was thinking something like a Beta 300 or so.

I brought home my RR 300 Race Edition today, look for the red forks.

I had a Xtrainer stolen and opted for the RR over the Xtrainer and the race edition because these are great forks.

I will be honest, I am 53 with a total knee replacement, this is the shit for me.  With the age of 30 and the frame you have 

I-me-knowing what I know-in my shoes would go over to yamaha get a 250x and get springs in the correct range for you.

IMG_4085_zpszg7qcpws.jpg

• Like 4

I have a '15 race edition 300rr. Compared to some Ktm's I rode, the Beta has a little bit more bottom-end power and gives a little bit up top too the Ktm. The Oc forks on the xc-w aren't bad for casual trail riding, but I didn't particularly care for the feel of the PDS. It actually felt a bit harsh on sharp edged obstacles. I have an older xc with the pds that doesn't have the same issue, so I imagine it's a tuning issue. I liked the rear on the xc's, but really did not like the 4cs forks. They would need a revalve to even be ridable in the rocks IMO. The Beta's a little bit heavier than the Ktm's, but doesn't feel like it on the trail. I went with what I thought was the best bike for me and still have no regrets.

Hummm, I checked the video out. The damn Beta seems to be a "goat" does the work for you climbing. Take the terrain very well. Only issue or concern would be it's a bit on the soft side of the suspension. Which not a concern since I would up the springs to my weight. Considering what you guys said I will also check out the KTM 300XC. I do want to say this the one feature I like from the Beta is the oil injection to premix. Which makes is perfect when riding out with buddies with 4strokes so gas won't be an issue.