Sign in to follow this  

What's the going rate 2002 xr250r CA plated?

I have a plated xr250r I want to sell, probably perfect for a shorter person, nice shape but not brand new, probably less than 5000 miles on it.

I don't see many for sale, those that have em tend to keep em.advice?

I have a plated xr250r I want to sell, probably perfect for a shorter person, nice shape but not brand new, probably less than 5000 miles on it.

I don't see many for sale, those that have em tend to keep em.advice?

Decent shape 2,000$ max.

Thanks, Larry.

I may go xr400, haven't decided yet. 250 is a great bike for the rocks, snotty trails but needs more umph on loose hills, sand.

Dunno bout that Larry :D

Gotta assume a rental bike has been ridden hard, put away wet!

I have a friend trying to sell me a plated xr400 in very clean shape. Usual deal, guy bought but doesn't ride. Would be my 3rd xr400. Keep buying em and not keeping, they don't have the finess in the tight stuff, or the power in the open or sand..

(I usually know where I'm riding, xr250r for the tight stuff, xr600 everything else)

Trying to thin the herd, maybe third time is the charm?

• Like 1

Dunno bout that Larry :D

Gotta assume a rental bike has been ridden hard, put away wet!

I have a friend trying to sell me a plated xr400 in very clean shape. Usual deal, guy bought but doesn't ride. Would be my 3rd xr400. Keep buying em and not keeping, they don't have the finess in the tight stuff, or the power in the open or sand..

(I usually know where I'm riding, xr250r for the tight stuff, xr600 everything else)

Trying to thin the herd, maybe third time is the charm?

I hear you,My xr300 is my baby,no one rides it but me.Since its in Mexico,I will return it to the US to sell.To sell it in Mexico.Its a waist,since they don't care about.CA plated dirt bike,And thousands of dollars up grades. Talk about thinning out the herd. It would take six pictures,to fit in my herds.Only bikes to sell her stock and cheap.

Thanks Larry,

You guys do rides south of Mulege'?

The xr250r is an 02, learned a lot, but when things open up, hasn't got it, especially in sand hills. Looking for a more general purpose bike. The little xr is great in rocks, I have a short inseam. . But when it opens up...or if I need to dual sport it to a store..

I may go orange or may do xr400, not yet sure.

Yes, I keep hearing that about the xr400. Many friends are xr fanatics..even those with an orange bike keep a 400, 600 or 650r for places they absolutely have to return from, like Baja, Wyoming, remote Utah.For me, the 400 never did it, weighed as much as my xr600, nearly so, but wasn't excited power wise, and topped out at 50,55 to preserve engine at trail gearing. Still working that out, want a bit more than the 250, for those mountain do desert rides, or a hop on the street, hwy to get a meal or camp supplies.

That's why we keep more than one, eh?

The Xr4 nothing like Xr6.For long distance rides.Since my Xr440 gets 50mpg.Its  a wash on weight.with water cooled 450.On our 450s 3.6 gal tank.two more gal gas on our belts.On the 440s 3.8 gal tank only,plus no hassle of carrying extra gas.As far as gearing,with 440.I run 16/45 plenty top speed,also do hard single track.I have even run 16/40 gearing,but Thats tuff on single track.

Thanks for the tips,

I enjoy then6 sod spread of the xr250, but not the power. I don't remember thenxr400 being super nimble in the rough, but I get your point, if I punch it out a bit I get xr600 torque and can gear it tall. I have a buddy with a very fresh xr400 I can get for a reasonable price. May jump, sell the xr250.

Let me twist it up then, I also have a xr650r and a x600.(also a lc4 ktm sxc but that's not going) bit heavy on the 600 class bikes. What to you recommend for Baja, more open stuff? The 650r has the power but to me turns worse than the 600..both are relatively simple to maintain. Which is the keeper down there? (Because that's what I may ride down there)

Thanks,

Chuck

The Xr600 for Baja much better,way more reliable.The Xr650r good on dirt roads.If your big guy,Its a do all Xr600.For me the Days of Xr600/650 No MAS.Once you get big tank on it.Some saddle bags,Back pack to ride Baja.Too heavy,Where the Xr4 is still manageable.Also shines on hard single track.Last month rode a friends XR440 Estart Real nice set up.As far as reliable water cooled,hands down Wr450,Its the only water cooled bike we know of that has Xr reliability.

Appears to have some e start parts in that xr.. and not the coffee can on the stator cover ..

What makes the xr600 preferred over the xr650r? Thought the later model is the best, we have several in our ride group, a couple with 52k+ k miles on them verified and unopened. .bike seems beastly over built and solid. . No flex off road like an xr600