Sign in to follow this  

Swingarm

What years/models swingarms will fit the 2001 250sx? I thought I found a decent one on eBay, but it looks different. Axle mounts are welded on, not cast in like stocker that I have(it's in questionable condition). Thank you.

Hi, you will have a 14mm pivot bolt but from 03 onwards KTM changed to 16mm, so that year on won't fit. Your current swing arm was a new part in 2000. Prior to that they still used a 14mm pivot bolt but I would have no idea if a pre 2000 arm will fit..

all of the 2st should fit, 2000 to 2002, 2003 SX should be different but the EXC MXC models should be the same....KTM SX models  update a year ahead of the other models

Hi, you will have a 14mm pivot bolt but from 03 onwards KTM changed to 16mm, so that year on won't fit. Your current swing arm was a new part in 2000. Prior to that they still used a 14mm pivot bolt but I would have no idea if a pre 2000 arm will fit..

I thought they changed the pivot shaft in 04?

Not according to their fiches but I stand to be corrected. Bob.

Not according to their fiches but I stand to be corrected. Bob.

I have an 03 engine in a 13 chassis. The cases needed to be bored for the pivot shaft, had I dropped in an 04 they would not have needed it. Maybe it's SX only that changed that year?