I'm sure there are a ton of threads on this but I'll be honest, I'm just to lazy to search them. Hahaha. I'm saving up for new boots, anything I get will be better then what I have but which ones are better, the tech 10's, fox instinct, or gaerne sg12 or 10. If I'm gonna save up I want a top pair. Thanks

Everyones gonna comment gaerne because they're probably the best on paper. But the real response is go try some on, they all offer top level protection, it depends on what you're comfortable with. I'm more comfortable with a broken in pair of tech 10's. So that's what I bought. Probably go down to the new tech 7's so I don't have an inner bootie and 4 straps next time though.

• Like 1

Yes, there are a ton of threads on this subject.

• Like 1

None. Converse all stars offer the best protection when dirt biking:huh:

Wrong!

Dunlop Volleys are used by the factory teams. The desert and hard enduro racers use the steel cap version :prof:

• Like 1

Wrong!

Dunlop Volleys are used by the factory teams. The desert and hard enduro racers use the steel cap version :prof:

Just wait. We will both be receiving papers soon from some kid trying to sue us after taking this advice.

• Like 1

Actually I carry a pair of Converse Allstars in the box in the back of my Jeep.  I have them there for when I'm stuck in mud, they won't get sucked off my feet and I don't care if they get all muddy, just hose them off.  They are very useful. :D

• Like 2

On a somewhat serious note, with the A-stars, you either lover the inner booty design or you don't.  A new option to consider is the Sidi Extreme, very similar to the original Crossfire at a price point that isn't eye watering, http://www.motonation.com/store/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=5&idproduct=4792 Probably be my next pair (I have 2 pair of original Crossfire TAs and love them).

The best boots are the ones that fit well. I use SG12s because my foot shape is more suited to Gaerne. I use Sidi as my cycling shoes because the offer a wide version in their road and mountain shoes. Also I am friends with a Sidi Cycling rep, so the price is right.

Protection? Whatever. My all black Vans classics look sweet with my flat bill cap over my ears...

• Like 1

Protection? Whatever. My all black Vans classics look sweet with my flat bill cap over my ears...

Always wondered, do flat billers wear them over their ears to stop their boyfriends from using your ears as handles when you go down? 😛

Actually I carry a pair of Converse Allstars in the box in the back of my Jeep. I have them there for when I'm stuck in mud, they won't get sucked off my feet and I don't care if they get all muddy, just hose them off. They are very useful. :D

I have a pair for similar reasons, but they hurt my feet with no arch support. The only upside is they compress enough they take up no space