Sign in to follow this  

any ideas for storing a loading ramp out of the way?

i got a 2005 Express van that I'm using just for my bikes

i mounted up a wheel chock and some anchoring points around, and it works a treat

but so far i have the ramp just kind of bungee corded to the side and fear it may slip and slam into one of my bikes...

i was thinking maybe some sort of L brackets or something and hang it and then a strap on the bottom to anchor down...

anyone have any pics or suggestions?

wheel chock is ever so slightly to the right inside the van

BTW, ramp pictured was replaced by a 9ft ramp, that one is only 6ft or so and was too short and not curved...

thanks

Screen Shot 2016-01-21 at 8.46.26 AM.png

It looks like there is a good place on the sides for brackets but you could always install tie-down anchors on the deck next to the bike. Either way I would use bungees to keep the ramps from drifting out of place or bouncing around.

thanks for the reply.

i was able to mount 2 brackets straight to the support beam, and put the ramp there.

ramp comes with a strap to hold it onto the car while loading/unloading so i used the same strap to hold it in place.

its pretty solid there

Screen Shot 2016-01-22 at 6.27.23 AM.png

thanks for the reply.

i was able to mount 2 brackets straight to the support beam, and put the ramp there.

ramp comes with a strap to hold it onto the car while loading/unloading so i used the same strap to hold it in place.

its pretty solid there

That looks good.  It's good to have the ramps secure while loading and unloading bikes from a rig or a trailer.  I had a ramp slip while I was unloading from my trailer once.

I learned my lesson from that, ouch !  My trailer that holds a dual sport bike and a fishing kayak has bolts I put on the rear of the trailer and the ramps have corresponding holes in the end tabs that hold the ramps in place.  No more bike falling on me !