Sign in to follow this  

01 Cr 250 should I trade for one?

Hey all, just looking to see what kind of opinions you's have. So I have a 04 kx 125 and an 06 crf 450 at the moment and I have an offer to trade my 125 for a decent 01 Cr 250 and a couple hundred cash. I can do any of the work on a bike that will need to be done. I plan on tearing the bike right down if I get it anyway. I also have a lot of spare Honda parts like wheels and other things which is why I'm pretty interested. I'm not that worried about condition of wear items. Is it a good bike? Any less reliable than the kx125? What upgrades or mods would you recommend? Any real problems with the bike other than the vibrations?

The bike is basically stock, it has skid plate, rad guards, fat bars, new sprockets and new plastics

I agree, it sounds like a good deal. If you know how to work on them too, why not upgrade (size wise)?

You should get it. Since you know what your doing and the price is right you could fix it up and probably sell it for a profit since those engines are highly sought after by Honda 2t afficianados. I think once you ride it you will keep it. I also had a 2005 crf450r modded out and I like my 03' cr250r more. The 03' is a little more tame than the 01' , but I've got it riding the way I want it too. I say go for it and start a thread on the tear down and rebuild as we all love that stuff around here. Checking for updates on builds is like opening gifts as a kid on Christmas. I can't wait to see what's next.

Edited by Houseopayne

Yeah by everything I've read i will probably keep it once I fix it up and possibly sell my 450. But once I get it I will do a build thread for sure! And thanks for the input