Sign in to follow this  

2000 Honda Cr125 Bottom end rebuild

Hi there, my 2000 Cr125 bearings went out (Crank). I'm not planning on taking my bike to a shop to get it done for $700-$1000 to split the case and fix the problem. My buddy has a few of the tools to split the case.

Has anyone had good past experience with bottom end rebuilds? Any tips? Tricks?

I wanna hear what you guys have to say!

Hey there from past experience I can tell you doing bottom ends on two strokes is not hard at all. When I was 14 I used to do them with nothing else than a socket set and a mallet, but you mention your friend has the tools so I say go for it. When removing seals be careful not to scratch surfaces. Also use heat and cold methods for an easier assembly. Don't bang on the crank because it will go out of balance. That's about it.

Hey there from past experience I can tell you doing bottom ends on two strokes is not hard at all. When I was 14 I used to do them with nothing else than a socket set and a mallet, but you mention your friend has the tools so I say go for it. When removing seals be careful not to scratch surfaces. Also use heat and cold methods for an easier assembly. Don't bang on the crank because it will go out of balance. That's about it.

Thanks I'll give it all a try w/ hot rod crank and bearings with my already Wiseco piston.