Sign in to follow this  

Fly vs ANSR gear

I'm looking at picking a set or 2 of new gear from one of these two. I have rider support offers from both. So I cant decide which I would like to go with. I'm really liking ANSR's new line but ive heard stories of the quality being so so. Fly is pretty nice too and I hear the quality and fit is a little better.

Any first hand experiences with either brand?

Well haven't been riding with it yet but I just bought this fly kit and compared to my old no fear kit I would say it seem better quality even if I have nothing to complain about the no fear kitImageUploadedByThumper Talk1453392989.446041.jpg

I have not tried Fly gear but my buddy has a couple sets and likes them. I bought some ANSR gear this year and while I have not used any of it yet I will say you get what you pay for. The Syncron line is their lowest priced, the pants are nice and light but I'm not confident they will last all that long. I also bought some of the mid grade gear the Elite series, the pants are very well built and comfortable while only slightly heavier. They do not have a bunch of unnecessary heavy rubber badging like some other brands out there. The jerseys are also very nice. If you go with ANSR spend a little more and get the mid or high end product and you will be happy with it. 

I have the fly f-16 gear. Wore it a few times so far and it's nice. I used to ride in jeans and a t shirt so I can't compare it to much but the outside of the pants seem very durable and the inside is a mesh like lining. Comfortable while riding and they work for me so is recommend them

I have a couple sets of the Fly Lite Hydrogen stuff, and absolutely love it...light, great fit, quality materials, and built really well.

Overall, the best gear I've come across.

I had some older ANSR gear, so I can't speak to the current line. But it had the cheaper "plastic" kinda feel to it. Thin material and weaker stiching.

I got a deal 2 years ago on some fly evolution gear. This was top quality gear. Material is very durable and most of the stitching is reinforced. Zero zipper failures. This gear set has made me a fan.

Thor makes the most durable gear out there, but its a little heavier, at least their most durable stuff is.  I have some Phase that's indestructible.

Tried many of the big brands and I'm sticking with fly from now on. Fit and finish is great and above others.

• Like 1