Sign in to follow this  

Mx52 mx51?

Okay so I'm in the market for a new front and rear tire on my 2013 kx250f currently I have mx32 on it but I don't like the feel of them on the track or trails so I know I want something like the mx51/mx52 in the past befor their was a 52 I've used the 51 and I loved it! I ride a lot of track but on occasion I ride a lot of trails that have a lot of big sharp rocks. On Rocky Mountain ATV mc the 51 are selling for super cheap around 42$ but the 52 are selling around 75$ would it be worth it to spend just the little bit more money and get the 52?

Also any advise on other tires that you guys like that would work good for aggressive track riding and occasional rocky trails?

Ps: if you live in Southern California I ride milestone Glenn Helen pala all those southern tracks to give you an idea on what I'll be useing the tires on and for trails I go to hemet California (a lot of rocks)

I like the MX52 front very much.  Have not tried the rear yet. 

Its holding up better than the MX51/71 in terms of chunking resistance and knob rounding.  Traction is excellent on everything I ride on.

We ride the same tracks and used to use the MX32 front/MX52 rear exclusively.  A few months ago we switched to the Bridgestone X30 front/X40 rear combo and really like it; they are cheaper than the Dunlop's, are easier to install and they last much longer.

I've heard some good things about the Pirelli's but haven't tried them yet.