Sign in to follow this  

What chain/ sprockets for 2008 crf250r

I'm looking to buy a 2008 crf250r it needs new chains and sprockets which size should I get? And what brand. What lasts the longest also? I usually ride on the tracks but also trails. I don't race or anything. Thanks

Anything steel in the Sprocket department will be good. Renthal twin rings have steel teeth and aluminum inner I think they're the way to go however renthals other sprocket known as the ultra light are not great. 20 to 30 hrs they usually last. In the chain department d.i.d hands down is the best. No question. And the front Sprocket again anything steel

Ive had good luck with primary drive components (sold by rockymountainatv.com)  on my crf and they are quite reasonably priced.  I ran the x-ring chain and had 50 hours on it before i replaced it.  Chain could have prolly gone longer but the sprockets were looking pretty worn. If i wasnt racing i would have left them on a bit longer.

As for size....that's completely up to you.  Most sites can tell you what stock specs are.

On my 05 I use Renthal non-o ring chain and back sprocket. I like the Sunline for the front.

Only trail and tight technical and 13T front 51T rear for a good overall comprise of low end/top end.

IMO if you are a lot of trails and are having a hard time with stalling, put on a minimum of an 11oz flywheel weight. No top end effect and best $200 I've spent on my bike

I ran rk mxu chains on my 05 with the stock sunstar sprockets. The first set had 150 hours on it when I chickened out and changed out the set. I picked the mxu because it is the lightest sealed chain you can get. Noticeably thinner and lighter than the oem non oring chain. Drive train weight is the enemy of 125s and 250fs.