Sign in to follow this  

2007 KTM 300 XCW

I have an 07 450exc. When I was shopping for a 2T I wanted a 2012 or newer to try the new frame updates.

I can say my 2014 250xcw is amazing to ride compared to the 07 450. More than just the 2T vs 4T differences.. 

So, I would want a 2012 or newer...and you get e-start as part of the deal.. Engine wise not a lot of changes.. it's all about condition and price on the older dirt bikes.

Personally, I would not put a lot of rebuild $$ in an 07. it still won't have the new frame or e-start.

Thinking about buying a 2007 ktm 300 xcw anything I need to be worried about and what's your opinion on it

I had an 07 300 XCW for 4 years until I sold it to a buddy over a year ago. Awesome bike, zero problems.

Have not heard of any issues with that year, the next generation started in 08.

Thinking about buying a 2007 ktm 300 xcw anything I need to be worried about and what's your opinion on it

Just don't get price-confused by the hype of the newer ones.

I was looking for one and the 08 and 09s were selling for 6k which seemed stupid since 2 more got me a 14 where everything is different.  2k well spent, check that, very well spent....if you have it on hand, 3000 mi  153 hrs.

I had an 07 300 XCW for 4 years until I sold it to a buddy over a year ago. Awesome bike, zero problems.

Have not heard of any issues with that year, the next generation started in 08.

do they have the tractor pull like the new ones do?

My experience is similar to dyrtmon's.  3 years, tons of PA singletrack, only ever did 1 top-end in it.  Loved it.  Sold it on ADV for the same price I paid for it - now that guy's in love with it.  I only got rid of it to go back to a WR250R so my wife can join me 2-up when desired.

do they have the tractor pull like the new ones do?

I've never ridden a new one, but my 07 had more hit and pulled harder than my 09 does..

Edited by dyrtmon

Had 91,94,95,98,02, then yz' and rm's then 07,08 and on and on.. Friends had other models I did not, I've ridden all models.

The 07 handles good in tight single track , yes has good grunt.

Bike is very sensitive to spring And sag.....get that right or else...

I had an '06 300 xcw, sold in 2012.  Not a lot of changes for the '07. The bike was stone reliable with an outstanding engine (mine had a Gnarly pipe).  You may have to replace the shock Heim joint if it wasn't changed recently; not a major project. If I was to make any mods, it would be to have an expert revalve the front suspension to help eliminate deflection off roots and stumps (no rocks in Fl.), then I'd install a Recluse clutch, in that order.

Bike is very sensitive to spring And sag.....get that right or else...

Absolutely true.