Sign in to follow this  

Looks like another recall coming our way! This one can be dangerous!

It looks as though my capacitor/condensator/condenser (all the same part) is fried causing my bike to shut off in middle of a Moto. Could have gotten me killed. The dealer I bought my 16 350 SXF just notified me about this new recall which will be issued by KTM in the next few days. This is serious stuff here people. I was so lucky I didn't get hurt. I was approaching a big triple and the bike just cut out right on the face of the jump. No power to start button, unable to push start. Nothing. Fuse keeps blowing. A friend of mine had same issue a month ago. I don't know if I can ever feel confident on this thing again. I just hope a Japanese manufacturer makes a 350 soon!!!!

The root cause appears to be a cap that they changed from the reliable 15 version ?

It looks as though my capacitor/condensator/condenser (all the same part) is fried causing my bike to shut off in middle of a Moto. Could have gotten me killed. The dealer I bought my 16 350 SXF just notified me about this new recall which will be issued by KTM in the next few days. This is serious stuff here people. I was so lucky I didn't get hurt. I was approaching a big triple and the bike just cut out right on the face of the jump. No power to start button, unable to push start. Nothing. Fuse keeps blowing. A friend of mine had same issue a month ago. I don't know if I can ever feel confident on this thing again. I just hope a Japanese manufacturer makes a 350 soon!!!!

Jap bikes have their fair share of problems too!

All my KTM's use Kokusan ignitions which are made by the Japanese unless that recently changed?

All my KTM's use Kokusan ignitions which are made by the Japanese unless that recently changed?

right, KTM doesn't "make" the part, they buy it from a supplier. Yes, its KTM's problem but the reality is its not their part, they bought it. Just like if the Dunlop tires turned out to have a bad batch and the knobs broke off in one ride. Its KTM's fault because they back their bike, but they bought the tires from Dunlop. At least when something goes wrong they stand behind it unlike Yamaha frames breaking and they don't admit crap.

right, KTM doesn't "make" the part, they buy it from a supplier. Yes, its KTM's problem but the reality is its not their part, they bought it. Just like if the Dunlop tires turned out to have a bad batch and the knobs broke off in one ride. Its KTM's fault because they back their bike, but they bought the tires from Dunlop. At least when something goes wrong they stand behind it unlike Yamaha frames breaking and they don't admit crap.

Not sure what your point is? Both my Suzuki's also use Kokusan ignitions. Not sure about my Kawasaki? The OP suggested he was going to buy Japanese bike because he was having problems with his KTM ignition that is Kokusan and is going to buy a Japanese bike because of that! You and him make no sense!

DEGBTI said KTM stands behind their product! That's a GOOD thing! 🙂

Edited by Phil Hannah

Yikes...Even though my bike isn't on the spoke recall, every time my front end does something weird, I slow down to look at my front wheel.

My fuel line split last week, getting that fixed... My '15.5 450 hasn't popped any fuses yet...Getting my new fe in a few weeks... 

Not sure what your point is? Both my Suzuki's also use Kokusan ignitions. Not sure about my Kawasaki? The OP suggested he was going to buy Japanese bike because he was having problems with his KTM ignition that is Kokusan and is going to buy a Japanese bike because of that! You and him make no sense!

dude, put down the bong.