Sign in to follow this  

LHRB for 501S

Have thought about a lhrb for a while even though I've never had one.  Idle time so I ordered a Rekluse.  Nice quality lever, not so sure about brake line but that's another story.  Haven't done the install yet do to the following problem.

Doing the dry fit today and ran into an unexpected problem:  The clutch lever and lhrb lever will fit ok but only by removal of the combination switch...it's just too big to fit on the bars with the additional lever.  Not only is it too wide but the circumference is too large as well.  What to do?

I removed the combination switch and everything is great (brake fit -wise).  I'm thinking about just ditching the whole combo switch since the horn is a joke and where I live no need for t/s or high beam.  There are a couple of plugs under the headlight to remove the combo switch but I'm curious if I'll lose the headlight by disconnecting them to remove the switch and associated wires.

Suggestions?

Thanks.

A potential update:  Just found a switch for an EXC at Sicass that looks like it should solve my problem.  Headlight off, on, bright and horn...no t/s and much smaller.  Talks about being a plug/play application.  Waiting on confirming info from Sicass.

Got the answer for you... Sicass makes a skinnier switch so you can leave it on and run both perches.. It fits right into the factory harness. NO SPLICING. My riding buddy just did his and I'm getting ready to order mine. He has a 2016 6 days 500

Got the answer for you... Sicass makes a skinnier switch so you can leave it on and run both perches.. It fits right into the factory harness. NO SPLICING. My riding buddy just did his and I'm getting ready to order mine. He has a 2016 6 days 500

Just what I want to hear!  I am looking at their EXC switch 26-030 which looks like the winner.  Waiting on confirmation from them before pulling the trigger!    Is that the same part number he ordered?

Thanks.

Not to sure but it has LED lights on the top and it's about a inch wide.... We just don't know how it will hold up in the rain

Yes Sicass 26-030-exc... I had installed the full conversion kit from them on my non-S, but then this big d$mn tree and I had this unfortunate incident that ended in my L switch riding in my pocket back to the truck. Figured who needs blinkers when you're in front of er body on the slab... and nobody cares when you're not.

Edited by j_blankenship

Love trees. Had one that put a nice scar in my chin years ago at a ISD(T) qualifier ...yes, that long ago! Thanks for the info 030 ordered!

Get your money back and buy a Clake 2. The Clake is a superior rear brake and clutch. For years I have been using the Rekluse lhrb and auto. The Clake is a much stronger brake and the clutch action is so smooth and easy

Ha! Thanks for the suggestion. Clarke looks a bit to "agricultural" to me and I'm all about looks. 🙂

Seriously, just got it stalled and I'm happy withthe quality. Locks up the back brake but don't know about feel yet. Gotta get it in the dirt to really know how it does.

Don't have the relestate on the bars for that. It's pretty hideous too. I just ordered my lhrb from rekluse I have several buddies that already have the rekluse and love it. I'm not racing on a track. Looking to utilize it on steep down hills and rock pile stuff.

Edited by Dualsportwr450

Yeh...that and the other models as well.  Makes me feel like I'd always be going in a left turn because of all the stuff/weight of that thing on the left bar.  LOL!

Have to mention too that with a price more than twice that of the Rekluse, since I've never had a lhrb before, I'll that the Rekluse as a first effort.  Even cheaper is that Ox...whatever lhrb.  Cable operated with a brake pedal extension.  That thing looks like you could never get enough leverage for braking.  So...I didn't go the cheapest route...   😉

Just ordered mine I'm mounting on flexx bars enduro model. When it comes in I'll post pics

Just ordered mine I'm mounting on flexx bars enduro model. When it comes in I'll post pics

If you have the S, you need the Sicass light switch 26-030 for everything to fit.  This switch eliminated the T/S but they have another switch that keeps them but looks too wide.  I'll post some pics later today of the install.

OK...bike is all back together and got some pictures to attach with comments:  This install is on a 501s

003- to the right of the grip is the perch for the lhrb.  It looks like it could move closer to the grip but the lhrb master cylinder which can't be seen is on the other side of the bars.  It's as close as it can get.  Perhaps it could be closer if you chose to notch the grip to let the mc slide over.  Next to the right is the Sicass switch 26-030 to replace the stock switch cluster.  This SA switch eliminates the turn signal but keeps the headlight (off, on, high) as well as the horn.  They have an option that keeps the tsignals but I wasn't sure of the width and I didn't need them anyway.  Next to the right is the perch for the clutch.  There is room to the right of that for my mirror, route chart holder or gps...whichever I need for what I'm doing.

004-  you can see the routing of the wires from the switch around the mc for the clutch.  Also, you'll see the lhrb below the clutch lever.  Feels pretty good after just doing a little put around the neighborhood.  I've never had one of these things before so I've got decades of experience to change.  As all the info says, you can mount it above or below.  I think that below will be the best for me but experience will tell.

005-You can see the orientation of the levers.  I may rotate both perches upward.  The clutch is fine but the lhrb may be a little low.  Again, experience will figure this out.

And of course...if it's all the shits, I can just use the foot brake.  🙂

DSC_0003 (Medium).JPG

DSC_0004 (Medium).JPG

DSC_0005 (Medium).JPG

• Like 1