Sign in to follow this  

Crf 450 08

Hi all,seem to be getting fuel in with my engine oil,makes no sense as mine is a carb model,really getting to my wits end with it now,please help me out if you can

What gasket would you suggest?

Are you absolutely sure that it is fuel and not coolant?

is it doing it when the bike is running or stopped?

When the bike is running is it running normal

Has not lost any coolant,I thought I was having oil migration but drained gear oil and level is spot on,bike runs fine just engine oil is rising and when I drained it last night could smell fuel in it

Has not lost any coolant,I thought I was having oil migration but drained gear oil and level is spot on,bike runs fine just engine oil is rising and when I drained it last night could smell fuel in it

I have no idea how that could be happening but I have some very smart friends that i will ask

I would first check that the fuel overflow from the carby is not blocked. because if the needle an seat is not shutting off and the overflow is blocked fuel might be able to seep into the crank

Edited by UHF2
  • Like 2

I guess that would in so many words flood the engine,a few people say about the carb,seems a fuel smell to me in the oil,something is up with it just need to get to the bottom of it now

Is the oil level rising significantly or does it just smell like fuel? On my 05, the oil always smelt a bit fuel like, but was never an issue.

I just bought the 08 special edition and when I got it home it had like this oily dirt build up around the valve cover gasket but once I cleaned it off I really haven't seen any oil leaking from gasket but has a weird burning smell to it when the engine is hot I get down and smell it kinda like an oil burn and something else

I just bought the 08 special edition and when I got it home it had like this oily dirt build up around the valve cover gasket but once I cleaned it off I really haven't seen any oil leaking from gasket but has a weird burning smell to it when the engine is hot I get down and smell it kinda like an oil burn and something else

Way to hijack a thread! This has absolutely nothing to do with the topic being discussed. Replace your valve cover gasket and clean the oil off the header.
  • Like 1

Sorry guys didn't mean that ! Thanks for the feedback I Will do that do you think it'll be alright to ride for awhile it's not spurting oil or anything ? And you may have your thread back 🙂

Do you sometimes forget to turn the gas off and have kiddos that would constantly be twisting the throttle on it? Along with the blocked passage/stuck float theory?Deffinatley a weird one if it is fuel.