Sign in to follow this  

What's the best tires for sharp rocky terrain

Where you at in NM?  I'm north of Aztec, much of where I ride is extremely rocky.  I've been very happy with the Kenda Parker Desert Terrains, they are a very strong tire for rocks, and also work well in sand.  They are a 6 ply tire, and combined with a HD or UHD tube they are virtually flat proof.  I run them at 11 lbs. both ends.

Here they are when they were brand new.  I run them on the Intermediate direction:

DSCF6879_zpszpcd5vhj%20Copy_zpsibll0vsz.

DSCF6877_zpsmhlug5pr%20Copy_zpsaxueboim.

Edited by cjjeepercreeper

I'm a Lil south of grants. The lava rock around here ate a geomagnetic and a pirelli in a very short time

El Malpais, I've wheeled down there in my Jeep.  That is some abrasive, sharp stuff.  I think the Kenda Parkers will do well.

Where would you recommend I get a set from

Chaparral has the best price as far as I know.  That's where I got mine.

Th

I have never purchased from chaparral. Are they good to deal with?

They have been around since way before the internet.  I've bought stuff from them many times over the years.  Good to deal with.

I believe these are more expensive than the Kenda's but IMO the Maxxis Desert IT's (front HD tube/rear UHD tube) have bee the most durable tire I have tried.

I ride a lot of different terrain and in lots of different conditions the Maxxis are a great around tire.

I'm waiting to try out the Kenda Equilibrium in the spring

I always get sucked into the tires topics 🙂