Hour Meter Thread

I put one of these on my KTM300,,, kinda wanted a Trail Tech Vapor but decided to put this on to mark hours while I cogitate over it

as I have/had tires,,,sprocket,,, chain guide(s) seat and a couple other things to do as well...(almost done)

so I went cheapest route...

31JUJJiNHmL.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0068EQZ06?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00

Edited by THUMPERRRR

I think both of mine cost about $7 on amazon.  They work fine.  I did have to buy double sided tape as i wanted to mount them on the headstock.  A buddy showed me his fancy $50 dollar one this weekend.  I don't know what you get for the extra money that's really of any practical use.

Edited by rpt50

+1 for ebay one here. Paid under $10 shipped (from China I think) and no issues. Been using on all bikes for last 5-7 years I would say. Most of them are made by same manufacturer and just relabeled. I had one once that was a tach as well, but didn't really find it useful.

TTO is what I put on all my rebuilds/restorations. They are about 27-32 bucks depending on sales. I find that they are a good meter, do what they are suposed to do, and you can stick them right on the frame and they don't fall off. 

I've got a Hardline on my YZ and a Works Connection on my WR. The Works Connection one is a little sleeker and doubles as a tach when the engine is running and displays the highest RPM for a few seconds after the engine shuts off. The WC one also has a nifty little aluminum bracket that I bought with it that mounts right below the triple in front of the tank, super easy to see. The Hardline one I've got doubleside taped to the back side of the right frame rail on the YZ. Both do the job.

I think both of mine cost about $7 on amazon.  They work fine.  I did have to buy double sided tape as i wanted to mount them on the headstock.  A buddy showed me his fancy $50 dollar one this weekend.  I don't know what you get for the extra money that's really of any practical use.

I think any basic hour meter is better than none. The $20 - $25 ones include a tach, number of starts, min/max rpm, etc. A few nice features extra that you can decide are worth another $15 or not. Also, stone cold reliable.

Oh, and they come with their own double sticky tape!   :ride:

CAUTION: Make sure you swing your bars stop-to-stop and mount your meter out of the way. KTM will crunch it if you mount it in the same place as my KX. Ask me how I know.  ? ?

The one I bought for my CR was useless. Added hours every time I hauled it on the trailer. It was located near the steering stem.

Next time I'm getting a wired one.

Yeah, the wired ones are dirt simple to install (electrical tape and cutters) and rock steady reliable.

• Like 1

I got the ebay $10 one and have never had it add time on the trailer.   That's easy enough to confirm.... I also noticed it is absolutely identical to the one offered by Yamaha for about $60 - EXCEPT for the name printed on the front side of it.

I think they are talking wireless...I assume the $10 one was wired, which won't add time on the trailer.