Sign in to follow this  

Real ahem full size side plates for the CRF250L

I found some for the WR250R but even overseas I haven't found any full size side number plates for the bike.  The numbering system on where I plan to pick back up racing soon is X6XX a lot of digits for the dinky plate.  Any inside tracks?

I'm not of any help to your question but you actually plan on racing this bike??? What type of racing? That's awesome!!! Wonder to what extent you modded this bike to make it race-ready. Keep us posted on this mission!!!

I'm not of any help to your question but you actually plan on racing this bike??? What type of racing? That's awesome!!! Wonder to what extent you modded this bike to make it race-ready. Keep us posted on this mission!!!

After I save the last $600 for my racetech set up and some TR8's I plan to do some Cross Country with TCCRA in texas.  I have done a fair bit to it so far on my garage.  I keep swapping back off my 13/42 for highways though...

Wicked. What does 'cross country' entail though? Like an enduro style of racing?? I too ride ALOT of highway fully pinned as I live in the city and any dirt is 120km away. How do you like the 13/42 on the highway – I know they can get pretty buzzy but as I get better I'm thinking the 13/40 is holding me back more in the dirt than the 13/42 would on the highway.

It's like a mix between a hairscramble and enduro.  Imagine an enduro as fast as you can go.  Personally since I am goofy and our highways are 70-75mph (about 120+ kph) the 13-42 is very meh for me.  I went back to 14/40 for my trip from austin to dfw and back.  I have ridden 13/42, 14/42, and 14/40 in the dirt I can tolerate the stock gearing if I take momentum into a section but for serious dirt riding 13/42.  I really want to push this bike to it's limits and see what it can do. 

If you could find side plates or make them and design them to be semi dirtbike factory looking I would be interested!! I want side plates for my supermoto setup!

Found them for a WR250R...  That doesn't help much.

If a guy was handy I would think making the 2014 CRF450R rear plastics fit could work ...  :thinking:  Believe it or not .... the CRF250L was modeled off the CRF450R in terms of appearance 

2013-Honda-CRF450R1.jpg

2014-honda-crf250l-expected-in-june-phot

Edited by gnath9

http://www.enduromag.fr/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/Honda-CRF-250L-Rally.jpg

Patrick did an upgrade to his number plates using Acerbis plates for a Yamaha YZF450.  They are modified to mount on the subframe and exhaust mount point. Probably subframe and where the stock useless tool box mounts. Looks perfect!

http://www.enduromag.fr/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/Honda-CRF-250L-Rally.jpg

Patrick did an upgrade to his number plates using Acerbis plates for a Yamaha YZF450.  They are modified to mount on the subframe and exhaust mount point. Probably subframe and where the stock useless tool box mounts. Looks perfect!

Now thats what im talkin about.

Now thats what im talkin about.

*Update* I have been looking into this too and it looks like the CRF's only heat shield kit and a different size hose clamp could let you mount this to a subframe.

Edited by michaelg131