Sign in to follow this  

Suzuki RM250 2007 - Spokes length for 18" Wheel

Hi Guys

I've been searching for awhile on the internet for one information about the length of spokes for 18" wheel on the standard hub. Can someone measure that if someone went the 18" route on his RM250 and maybe if you have some spare spokes in the closet. I measured genuine spoke of 19" rear wheel and measured it 205mm. With logical thinking an a little math I think for 18" wheel the spokes must be 11-12mm shorter, depends on the angle of the spoke. Is that correct? So the 193-194mm spoke should do the job or am I wrong?

I will buy an 36 hole 18" rim with all spokes but they are a little longer 200mm. The seller said that they are original from KTM. The thread is 20mm long so if I cut it for 6mm I have still 14mm of thread which I think would be enough to tighten the spokes.

Thank you for this info, I appreciate it 😉

Edited by MX_Peter

I'd get specific spokes for the rm250. Some bikes have an offset to the wheel when lacing. Sometime spokes are purposely longer to kick the rim tiny bit off center from the hub. Hope that makes sense. Also-some of the Oem ktm spokes were really junk. Think the ones with giant rims.

No. Currently my wheel is laced and I don't have any 18" rm250 spokes laying around. I have some RMZ spokes but they are different than rm spokes

My brand new pro-wheel spokes for an 18" wheel are 4mm in diameter and 188mm long.