Arm pump tips!

Hey guys, so I'm selling my 2011 ktm 250SXF and bought a brand new 2016 250 XC that ive been riding for about a month now. I USED to get bad arm pump most rides on my four stroke, but now on my new 2 stroke, I don't get arm pump as bad, BUT I get this weird "hand pump" in my left hand only that I never used to get on my 4 banger.

its in the palm of my hand, right between my thumb and index finger, it gets really pumped up and feels "sore" and overused, like arm pump, but its only on that LITTLE muscle, or area in my hand....

anyone ever had this/ have solutions for it? LOL never heard of "hand pump" and even looking online I couldn't find anything... however, my brother says he gets hand pump sometimes too, but not arm pump, and hes on a 200 xcw.

ALSO ive always lifted weights my whole life, ive always found weight training beneficial for me and my health, but have heard rumors online that lifting weights "teaches" your arms and muscles to pump up, and some say don't weight lift if you race... anyone found this true/false? I would think weights (strengthening muscles) wouldn't make them MORE susceptible to getting easily pumped on the track but WHO knows, its a rumor non-theless, and wondering other opinions about it ?

Weights are definitely beneficial. Training like a bodybuilder and taking creatine will not be...

yeah I don't use creatine, I just do lifts for strength, (some for muscle gain, and some for muscle strength... basically lifting heavy & less reps VS lifting light and a lot of reps) but yeah I don't plan on becoming a body builder, just enough muscle to get a good grip on control for those main event whoops and ruts ?

Is this during MX or off road? I used to get terrible hand cramps always around the seventy mile mark of any hare and hound race. But since getting a steering stabilizer it doesn't happen anymore. I know other off road racers that swear by the fasst flexbars as well. Some guys even run both.