Sign in to follow this  

350 XCF-W charging prowess

A veteran of RFS crazy electrical systems, and newbie to my '13 350 XCF-W --  much to learn, but of immediate importance is this:  can I simply wire my ~80watt electric  vest and gloves  directly to the battery (with fuse, of course) and expect the electrical system to furnish power to it without depleting the battery charge?

I wanna ride tomorrow AM and it's cold out.  Got lots of things to research myself, but I wanna cheat on this one and ask y'all before researching.  Thanks for your indulgence.

I would say your good. I put a fan on my sxf, And if i remember it used 75 watts. And i think my setup, between what it used already, was 20 off. So i stick a bigger stator on and im good. But id have to think your xcw has already a larger stator than my sxf did. I think mine stock had a rated output of 75 watts. I did check it all ove before though, and i could see if it ran all day it would eventually dis charge, but not for few minutes at a time like its used.

Im retty sure the xcw stators output stock is close to 200 watts.

Edited by Byron909

What did I just read. What kind of fan draws 75w????? No way an sx has stator capable of 75w stock... 2013 ktm 350 xcf-w is good for 150w.