Baja Designs CRF450R General Discussion

Hello CRF450R Owners,

Bailey here with Baja Designs.  We recognize ThumperTalk as one of the go-to sources for information on the CRF450R and we receive emails daily regarding the best inexpensive light setup or purchasing the B1K setup ran by Ox Motorsports.  We would like this thread to be a General Discussion area for members and guests to discuss Dual Sport Kits (DSK), Lights, and Lighting Acessories based upon stock and modified charging systems.  Please Post up if you have any questions or comments CRF450R related! 

www.bajadesigns.com

39179911291_11740b170e_b.jpg

Edited by Baja Designs

on a 2011 crf450r, do i need a new stator to run the bike with your dual sport kit? or can i run the stock stator? Also i cant seem to find any instalation videos for the 450. Im not an electrical type guy so i dont know much but i have heard that some kits will pull too much power from the stator and can mess with the efi?

Can I run a flywheel weight with your lighting kit  on a 05 crf450?

I really like the update rear light kit 31-0000 but I need it to fit my 2002 CRF 450r

on a 2011 crf450r, do i need a new stator to run the bike with your dual sport kit? or can i run the stock stator? Also i cant seem to find any instalation videos for the 450. Im not an electrical type guy so i dont know much but i have heard that some kits will pull too much power from the stator and can mess with the efi?

You'll need an aftermarket stator and flywheel. The OEM charging system doesn't make enough power to run lights. You could probably do it, but the fuel pump, and the rest of the system might not work correctly. EFI hates low voltage.

I run a squadron and led taillight on my 2012 crf450. The stock stator runs it fine.

What is the part number of the afternarket stator needed? I have looked on your website and couldn’t find the aftermarket stator for the 2011 CRF450R

i have a 2013 CRF450R and run the Baja design sport led, with harness , plug and play, draws 18 watts and puts out almost 2000 lumen works great, LED is bad in dust but works great

1 hour ago, brownballin said:

i have a 2013 CRF450R and run the Baja design sport led, with harness , plug and play, draws 18 watts and puts out almost 2000 lumen works great, LED is bad in dust but works great

Did you replace the standard stator or is the 2013 stator upgraded from the 2011 model? Only kickstart on mine

would you mind posting a link to the Baja design sport LED?

Just ran your Squadron Pro light on a 2017 CRF450RX in the Baja 1000 and it worked awesome!! Do you guys have anything in the works to make these bikes be able to power 2 Squadrons? 

anytime, I had a buddy put it on a 2013 rmz250 as well and worked great on his bike, honestly for the $150 ish , you cant find better lighting, ive ran a Baja designs 8" HID la paz light in the past and that one could be seen from the moon! that was wired into my 09 KX450,

bailey, not trying to be rude but the questions were asked back in November and were answered by thumpers and not the retail rep that is advertising product, not a great example of the previous great costumer service that BD has provided me in the past

On 1/12/2018 at 2:42 PM, brownballin said:

bailey, not trying to be rude but the questions were asked back in November and were answered by thumpers and not the retail rep that is advertising product, not a great example of the previous great costumer service that BD has provided me in the past

My apologies.  I agree that response has been spotty on this thread and we hope to change that.  Our goal in 2018 is to be more active on this forum to help the enthusiasts that are part of the community.  

-Bailey, Baja Designs

www.bajadesigns.com

I have a 14' crf450r.  I'm about to put a order in and just want to make sure I have the correct light lined up.  I plan on running a Squadron sport in a X visor shell.

Harness: 129041

Light : 497071

Thanks

9 minutes ago, atrdrvr7 said:

I have a 14' crf450r.  I'm about to put a order in and just want to make sure I have the correct light lined up.  I plan on running a Squadron sport in a X visor shell.

Harness: 129041

Light : 497071

Thanks

The harness is correct but the light you listed is a Squadron Pro and not a Squadron Sport. We only sell the CRF/X Squadron Sport in an AC model and you would need DC.  I'd recommend taking a look at our universal LED Race Light as it also comes with a Polisport mask.

Wiring Harness (sku 129041)

https://www.bajadesigns.com/products/efi-led-harness-honda-crf250r-crf450r-13-15.asp

Squadron Sport, LED Motorcycle Race Light (557001) DC

https://www.bajadesigns.com/products/Squadron-Sport-MC-LED-Race-Light.asp

-Bailey, Baja Designs

www.bajadesigns.com

28 minutes ago, atrdrvr7 said:

Thanks!  I just placed my order.

Edited by atrdrvr7