Sign in to follow this  

Baja Designs CRF450X General Discussion

Hello CRF450X Owners,

Bailey here with Baja Designs.  We recognize ThumperTalk as one of the go-to sources for information on the CRF450X and we receive emails daily regarding the best inexpensive light setup or purchasing the B1K setup ran by Ox Motorsports.  We would like this thread to be a General Discussion area for members and guests to discuss Dual Sport Kits (DSK), Lights, and Lighting Acessories based upon stock and modified charging systems.  Please Post up if you have any questions or comments CRF450X related! 

Thanks!

What options are out there for headlights that don't require a new stator?

Are you looking for an LED Light setup? If so we do not have an option that doesn't require a Rewind or Aftermarket stator. 

The factory output is not powerful enough to run our LED Lights.  We do have Dual Sport Kits available with a Halogen Replacement that wouldn't require stator modifications.

How about a group discount offer for Dual Sport kits?  

If there is enough interest we can definitely look into that.  Currently we have a 10% TT discount and if you'd like pricing I can post some up for you!  Thank You!

Are you looking for an LED Light setup? If so we do not have an option that doesn't require a Rewind or Aftermarket stator. 

The factory output is not powerful enough to run our LED Lights.  We do have Dual Sport Kits available with a Halogen Replacement that wouldn't require stator modifications.

If there is enough interest we can definitely look into that.  Currently we have a 10% TT discount and if you'd like pricing I can post some up for you!  Thank You!

No need to post the prices.  I was able to get a 25% discount from one of your dealers.  Thanks.

I have an aftermarket DS kit from Trick DS. TDS uses one with integral blinkers, can't remember the brand. If you know of a better/brighter bulb that would be helpful. I don't ride much at night so have not found the need for a rewind but do want something better than what I have.

I guess I'll have to do the stator rewind, if I do anything is like to do the best the first time so I don't have to do it again later. Thanks a bunch.

I guess I'll have to do the stator rewind, if I do anything is like to do the best the first time so I don't have to do it again later. Thanks a bunch.

Always happy to help!  Thanks!

Ill probably call you guys at some point in the coming months, but why not ask anyways. Im currently running your dual sport kit with yalls standard light on my crf450x, but I want to ditch this headlight for a squadron pro. I know I need a rewound stator, dimmer switch, etc. You guys have a plug and play option that will hook up nicely to this setup? Is there a tab on the squadron shroud to mount the horn like on your DS kits? I really don't want to start butchering the current setup too much. Any info is appreciated!

Ill probably call you guys at some point in the coming months, but why not ask anyways. Im currently running your dual sport kit with yalls standard light on my crf450x, but I want to ditch this headlight for a squadron pro. I know I need a rewound stator, dimmer switch, etc. You guys have a plug and play option that will hook up nicely to this setup? Is there a tab on the squadron shroud to mount the horn like on your DS kits? I really don't want to start butchering the current setup too much. Any info is appreciated!

We do have a Squadron Series DSK Headlight Replacement coming very soon.  This will make it very easy to drop our Squadron Pro or Sport into the DSK headlight location.

Only thing you need to do is remove the Halogen Headlight. It includes and adapter to your DSK.    *Electrical Modification may be required based on Year/Make/Model

If you'd like to maintain hi/lo functionality we have this dimmer:

http://www.bajadesigns.com/ProductDetail/639208-Dual-Sport-Skene-Dimmer-Kit

Dual Sport Kit, Squadron Pro Replacement

http://www.bajadesigns.com/ProductDetail/123001-Dual-Sport-Kit-Squadron-Pro-Replacement

$249.95 ------ $224.95

Dual Sport Kit, Squadron Sport Replacement 

http://www.bajadesigns.com/ProductDetail/124001-Dual-Sport-Kit-Squadron-Sport-Replacement

$149.95 ------ $134.95

Different bike but this picture of our prototype unit:

123001.jpg

I just finished installing the Baja Designs dual sport kit on my 2012 450x. The bike already had the Squadron Pro light, so I bought the kit without the headlight. With help from Baja Designs we were able to use the programmable led dimmer switch to have a high and low beam that works with the multi function switch. This kit eliminated the kill switch and the Squadron Pro on/off switch from the bars. The kill switch is now incorporated into the key switch that hangs off of the BRP upper tripple clamp. Excellent kit. Everything not only looks like it came from then factory this way, but it all works like it supposed to with working brake lights and a horn. Great kit. If anyone wants photos let me know.

Lets see some photos! I haven't seen many photos of the squadron installed, let alone on an X.

I have the Squadron on my 450X with the dimmer box, so my switch settings are 10%, 50%, 100%. Street legal requires to have a high/low setting. What really complete it though was finally getting the combo spot/wide corner lens in amber. Once I put that on, I'd say it's a perfect setup now for me. 

The DSK with the Squadron was the easiest electrical install I've ever done, 100% plug and play. I've put over 2000 miles on my bike since putting the Squadron on and have had zero issues since, very happy with everything I've purchased from BD. 

I'd also recommend the BD headlight shell for the Squadron. Helps raise the light up higher so you have less reflection from the light output bouncing off your front fender. 

• Like 2

I have the dual sport kit on my 06 450X, as much as I liked my old XR I don't like the look of the XR light on my 06 bike. Do you have a way to incorporate the stock CRF headlight with your kit so I can still use the switch to operate it?

I have the dual sport kit on my 06 450X, as much as I liked my old XR I don't like the look of the XR light on my 06 bike. Do you have a way to incorporate the stock CRF headlight with your kit so I can still use the switch to operate it?

We do!  There is an option for our CRF450X Dual Sport Kit w/o Headlight.  This allows you to re-use the factory headlight.  Here is the link:

http://www.bajadesigns.com/ProductDetail/121452-Dual-Sport-Kit-Honda-Crf250x-and-Crf450x-No-Headlight

Factory Headlight DSK

This kit lets you retain your factory headlight for customers who prefer the OEM look and includes:

• Utilizes your factory headlight!
  • LED taillight Assembly
  • Turn signals
  • NEW Slim OEM-Style Handlebar switch Assembly with Integrated LED High Beam Indicator 
  • Hydraulic Brakelight Switch
  • Flasher Relay 
  • High/Low Beam Relay 
  • 114db Horn 
  • Quick-Release Wiring Harness
  • License Plate Mounting Bracket
  • All Necessary Mounting Hardware 
  • Detailed Installation Instructions
  • Requires mounting of included components on your factory headlight

MSRP: $374.95 -------- TT: $337.45

• Like 1

So I guess my next question is, is there a retro fit front harness for what I have?