Baja Designs CRF450X General Discussion

• TT Sponsor

Will this one fit my 2009 450x without a stator rewind?

http://www.bajadesigns.com/ProductDetail/124001-Dual-Sport-Kit-Squadron-Sport-Replacement

Your bike will require a stator rewind to run that light.  Currently we are working on developing an LED that runs on AC instead of DC.

This will make it a LOT easier to adapt our products to a wide variety of bikes without major electrical system modifications.  More information in the next month or so as it comes available.

Edited by Baja Designs
  • Like 1

• 9 months later...

Currently we are working on developing an LED that runs on AC instead of DC.

This will make it a LOT easier to adapt our products to a wide variety of bikes without major electrical system modifications.  More information in the next month or so as it comes availabIs 

Is this out now?? if so what are the options and prices??  Thank's

• 2 weeks later...

They are available and are bitchin! We've done a half dozen set ups so far.

Cheap...effective and they work well. 

Great for general night riding...not designed for high speed night racing.

do you guys do bike setups? Am currently setting up a street legal-adventure bike here in Thailand

If have info, PM me, looking for as much as I can get-Rick

• 4 weeks later...

Great that BD is using TT to communicate on CRF450Xs.  I've found emailing you guys with questions doesn't seem to get any real detail that helps.  

Question: I have a Ricky Stator HID set up, but want to convert to a BD DSK.  If I remove the HID light portion and switch do you know if your harness will work

with a Ricky Stator high output stator?  RS rectifier is now robust and works fine, his stuff plugs into the stock harness.  

Does BD recommend a higher performing bulb without converting to a squadron set up?  Since I have a higher out put stator I think BD has a heavier duty harness

so you can use a higher wattage bulb.  Can you square me away on this.  

Much Thanks 

Paul Reid

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

How do I get the Squadron Pro light to mount to the stock number plate on my 2005 CRF450X?  I tried every combination of spacer settings and even removed the spring to get the top of the light back far enough and the bottom of the light forward far enough so it doesn't point at the ground directly in front of the wheel.  However, with the bottom of the light pulled all the way against the number plate, the rear fins still hit the boss on the frame.  Thank you for your suggestions.

• 9 months later...
  • TT Sponsor

My apologies about the lack of response here.  Our goal is to be more involved in the community in 2018.  Please post up if you have any questions related to the CRF450X and Baja Designs (BD) products!  

Save 10% + $5 Shipping to the Lower 48

code: BDForums

www.bajadesigns.com

497071_l.jpg

CRF450X_T.jpg

https://www.bajadesigns.com/products/Honda-CRF450X.asp

Edited by Baja Designs
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • TT Sponsor

We offer 100% Plug and Play, Headlight Replacements for the CRF450X.  These require ZERO stator modifications and can be run off the factory AC powered headlight connection.  This utilizes our Squadron Sport which pumps out 2,260 Lumens giving you at least 2-3x the usable light over factory.  Enjoy riding day and night with these great options!

557031AC_n.jpg

05-07 Honda, CRF/X, Squadron Sport (AC) - $199.95

https://www.bajadesigns.com/products/Squadron-Sport-AC-LED-CRF-X-Kit.asp

08-ON, Honda, CRF/X, Squadron Sport (AC) - $199.95

https://www.bajadesigns.com/products/2008-ON-AC-Honda-CRF-X-Squadron-Sport-LED-Kit.asp

Save 10% with our forum discount!  We do offer $5 shipping to the Lower 48!

Coupon Code: BDForums

-Bailey, Baja Designs

www.bajadesigns.com

• Like 1

• TT Sponsor

2018 KOH - King of The Hammers - Baja Designs Info.

27459644_1766941083368905_34012752750395

Come join us at 2018 KOH!  We have a booth setup and will have plenty of lights on display.  Enjoy special show pricing and MORE !!!  Included with your purchase of lights will be a FREE T-Shirt*, FREE Rock Guard*, and FREE Wiring Harness*.  Stop on by!
*while supplies last

Date: February 2 - 10

Booth: Left of the Jumbotron, off of Amada Blvd. and Warn Way

Sales & Specials: SEE BD BOOTH IN-PERSON FOR MORE INFO

Location: Boone Rd, Landers, San Bernardino, California 92285

-Bailey, Baja Designs
www.bajadesigns.com

Hi, I have a 2006 450X with the orginal squdron, 4300 lumens, with the stator rewind. I always run the headlight when the bike is on. however i have had to replace the regulator (from baja desings) about once a year every year with this setup. do you have any plans to make it more resilient and durable? I live in AZ and do a lot of night riding in the summer and when the regulator fails the battery ceases to charge, and with the lights being fed directly from the light the battery quickly drains, leaving me with no lights and only kickstart. if you do not plan to do this, can you please let us know some of the regulators specs so i can look for one that's a little "beefier" that i may be able to get from a different stock bike x)

Edited by skaiter1007
  • Like 1

• TT Sponsor
13 hours ago, skaiter1007 said:

Hi, I have a 2006 450X with the orginal squdron, 4300 lumens, with the stator rewind. I always run the headlight when the bike is on. however i have had to replace the regulator (from baja desings) about once a year every year with this setup. do you have any plans to make it more resilient and durable? I live in AZ and do a lot of night riding in the summer and when the regulator fails the battery ceases to charge, and with the lights being fed directly from the light the battery quickly drains, leaving me with no lights and only kickstart. if you do not plan to do this, can you please let us know some of the regulators specs so i can look for one that's a little "beefier" that i may be able to get from a different stock bike x)

Thanks for posting up.  We don't plan on making any changes to the Regulator although it should be lasting more than a year.  I don't have the internal specifications in front of me but if you email tech@bajadesigns.com our tech support department can assist you with your questions.

-Bailey, Baja Designs

www.bajadesigns.com