Sign in to follow this  

A Little 04 RM-Z250 Rebuild

So I bought this bike off a guy for $300 and said it just had a bent valve.  I was look looking for a little winter project anyways and decided to just tear the whole thing down to every nut and bolt.  I don't think there was one thing good on it hahaha.  Its going back together now though pretty much new hahaha.

RMZ1.jpg

RMZ2.jpg

RMZ3.jpg

RMZ4.jpg

RMZ5.jpg

RMZ6.jpg

RMZ7.jpg

RMZ8.jpg

RMZ9.jpg

RMZ10.jpg

RMZ12.jpg

RMZ13.jpg

RMZ14.jpg

RMZ15.jpg

• Like 2

Yup. Mines stock bottom end. Besides. Clutch/springs. Clutch basket.Piston,rod, cams and valves/ springs. Enzo worked suspension. One of the best 04s out there. That bike out does.

Get big radiators...shes a hot biotch. You already did the pump...

A cone filter for dirt riding? Youll still use the box? Or cone straight on carb?

I have a supermoto xr600 with a uni pod filter. Its a grey cylinder with a red sleeve over it. I just pull the red off and wash it in the sink then k an n oil it.

But for dirt im not sure id do that. K n ns are better material.

But i wouldnt do that in dirt.

Not so cal desert dusty dirt. Wetter dirt maybe.

Word.

Plus side is that is just one screw to take off. And its right there accessible. Easier to get to to take off and clean. Which youd have to do more often if its exposed.

Airbox is a better move for dirt.

For street. I had to go richer jetting but it looks cool and easy to clean.

Cmon man...no yellow silicone rad hoses? No oversize rads?

Playin. Diggin the black frame. Mines spray painted. Good job but looks like old spray paint now. I admire the beast. I need to ride...ive only ridden my rmz once since a street accident i had in 7/14. Ya the bike has minor flaws in design but when you take care of it like that its SO much better.

You should do the 450 detent spring while youre in there. I think maybe motion pro...i forgot. Cheap upgrade. I did it even tho ive never had shifting issues. But i was in there so...

Im posted. Keep it up

Edited by notoriousE-R-I-C

Yea this is just a quick budget build.  I was thinking about powder coating everything but just left it.  The previous owner did a half ass paint job on it.  This is just going to be a little beater to play around with.  I got to many other projects from high end customs to stuff that just needs to be finished here too hahaha.

Edited by MotoMadnessCustoms