Sign in to follow this  

Got my 2016 Athena Big Bore Kit!

Good news i got the Athena kit and have a brandy new 2016 that i ready to install it! Bad news is that we got snow coming and might not have my full ride report for a while. The other issue is that i prefer the 250F in the tight sand races and the 1st few months of the national series is sand, so i might not be riding the big bore for a while. That being said, since this is only a 276 (vs the older 290's) the gyroscopic effect of the larger then stock piston might not be a problem in the tight sand tracks, so this could be the best all around motor. I am a bit concerned about the ECU program, waiting to hear back from Athena.

Athena Big Bore.jpg

Sorry for the delayed response, got injured at first local enduro and ripped finger nearly off hand, then first race back last week in an orv park and some quad tard hit me while i was casually riding on the road. so i have been on the inured list and still am, that being said, i have ridden the 276 and its a huge improvement over stock. I have also had the 290 for many years. The 290 had more grunt and lost significant overrev, while the 276 has more grunt (just not as much as 290) and revs similar to the 250F. i am still running stock maps, because the GYTR maps that worked great on the 250F dont work on the 276, Actually still looking for a good map since developing maps not really my forte.